Hellgate London - How is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellgate London - How is it?

I was looking at some of the screenshots on IGN and it looks like it could be an interesting game.

Now that it's out, has anyone picked up a copy? What's it like? I'm thinking of getting it myself.

Keep posted I have it on ea store to download so soon as i'm back up and running I download it mate because I had a major crash with my duel boot last night.

Comment

Well I played for an Hour on very high setting and in DX10 mode and they noth much diffrent from the dx9 demo. the game play is boring at this point so just let hop we get some action soon.

I will post some DX10 SS when they is more action so to speak.

Comment

I just found the demo a little while ago. There wasn't any mention of it on the official Hellgate site, so I just assumed there wasn't one...

While it seems fun, I don't know how long it could actually hold my attention. Then again, the demo was just single player off-line.

EDIT: Ah hell, I guess I'll buy it. Hehe.

Comment

Well I have got a bit into the game and it's actually getting pretty good now the Ai changes at random.

Comment

I have been anticipating this game for a longtime, maybe that was my mistake, but for me it was pretty much a letdown
            I was invited for the beta, and have played for about a week, in the begin I found it pretty fun, but it got kind of repetetive for me. Don't get me wrong it is a nicely made game, and the gameplay is pretty good, just not one to hold my attention for very long.

I also have The Witcher now, and that is one rpg I can really really recommend (though it's not an online game)

Comment

Hellgate London is a big let down sorry to say the game play and the mission are ok for the first couple of hours after this it down hill.

Comment

I don't know, I kind of like it. Although, yes, it is very repetitive (pretty much the entire game is "go kill everything in this area, then go kill everything there) and buggy (there's actually a /stuck feature built into the game because of how often you get trapped in a glitch in the map) I find it quite fun. It probably helps that I've been playing it right from the start with a friend of mine, so I very rarely end up soloing things.

Comment

SS anyone?
                  I was hopping that it was more like Diablo...

Comment

There's a whole bunch of decent shots here:
                    http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/73...92/imgs_1.html

Comment

A friend of mine plays this, I tried the demo. Basically you just kill demons, over and over. Hundreds and hundreds. So yeah, it gets a little repetitive, but it just depends if that's your kind of game. It's a little bit better if you play it online w/ people, but the gameplay doesn't seem to change as you progress. That being said, the friend who plays it a lot says if you like diablo, it's very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by L_Mo
                        A friend of mine plays this, I tried the demo. Basically you just kill demons, over and over. Hundreds and hundreds. So yeah, it gets a little repetitive, but it just depends if that's your kind of game. It's a little bit better if you play it online w/ people, but the gameplay doesn't seem to change as you progress.
                        I'd have to agree. It's VERY repetitive. I don't know how long it'll hold my attention. I have two characters; one I play alone, and one that I play only with a friend of mine (so we stay at the same position in the game together). There's a huge difference between playing alone and playing with someone else.

And although it's an MMORPG, people don't really play together. For the most part, everyone does their own thing. Every once and a while you see someone looking for a little group, but that's about it.

That said, I'm finding it pretty fun right now.

Comment

I have stoped playing the Game now because it as got so boring is the only word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkrain371
                            I have stoped playing the Game now because it as got so boring is the only word for it.
                            Do you wanna keep the game? if not you can sell it to me

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                              by Apache Warrior
                              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                            • Reply to 6 years
                              by Sirex
                              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                              Just hit 2.5K miles...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                              by Sirex
                              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                              by Sirex
                              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                              by Sirex
                              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                            Working...
                            X