Error messages WaW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error messages WaW

Ok, finally got the game installed. The first thing is, I cant create an ingame name. When I go to try to create a profile I get "retrieving account information" then about 15 seconds later I get "cannot connect to online services.

I have disabled my firewall so I dont think ZA is keeping anything from going through. I have been able to play single player and it doesnt seem to have any problems so far. I've been through about 6-7 levels. But I had the error messages from the single player at that time about the profile only.

I did manually go in an create a profile by editing the files, but that just achieved it coming up on the screen in the right hand corner. Never put it in the selection box of what profile you would like to play under like CoD 4.

When I finally got around to attempting to play multi-player online, I got the same error message. When I tried to create a profile it started out "retrieving accounts information" Same thing came up when I tried the single player "cannot connect to online services"

I was able to get to the menu page where you can select all the different options for the game. What server to go to and all that. and at the top it said I wasnt online. I tried to create an online profile from that page and it gave me the option to create my online profile. When I entered my name and all it said "creating profile" and stuck right there.

Looks as though it is not able to achieve connection with the server at any level. Like a said earlier, I disabled my firewall and I went around the router. So I cant figure our why it wont at least detect or logon to the server.

You guys seem to not have had any problems so something is amiss me thinks. It may be simple, but I havent figured it out. Maybe someone can help.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Have you installed the 1.1 patch?
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

The whole online account and online browser are just junk. Updates and refreshes cause problems. If you exit the game and then go in again you get the Online account problems. It's just a verify frustrating part of the game that shouldn't be that way.
      A change of Pace.
      "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR}geneSW View Post
        Have you installed the 1.1 patch?
        I did the first time around Gene. I've reinstalled the game twice. The first time I ran the patch it had a bunch of virus's in it. Got it from gamershell. Now I'm leary of where to get it. Not sure if that would cause it to not at least log on to the Cod main server just to look at all the servers available. But maybe so.

This is a very unstable game looks like. It also has a bug where when you throw a nade it swithes to your next weapon. Few things like that.

Surely they're working on another patch at this point. After I posted this I did a search on the different error messages for the game and there were a lot of people having the same problems. Most were fairly upset about it. But none offered any solutions.

Some have been able to log on and play a few times then everything craps out.

I dunno. I think I'll wait for the next patch I guess. I cant seem to do anything with this one.

Thanks anyway.
        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
          The whole online account and online browser are just junk. Updates and refreshes cause problems. If you exit the game and then go in again you get the Online account problems. It's just a verify frustrating part of the game that shouldn't be that way.
          lol tik tik paceman, i thought after cod4mp headaches, u would of stop buying cod games. i know i did.
          Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Yea, CoD6 will be my last CoD game. Activision did a good job with CoD4, and seeing as how they didn't make CoD5 I won't let it's crap tarnish their reputation.
            [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Well, i was able to get the 1.1 patch installed without any problems this time. But it didnt help any. There is a possibility that where I'm at my company may have it blocked somehow. Not sure, but I didnt have any problems with CoD4 so not sure if that is it or not.

Everything else seems to work so far in the Singleplayer except for the glitches in the game. I just cant create a profile in either SP or MP. Seems as though the singleplayer profile is tied in with the server for some reason. I didnt think CoD4 was like that but I could be wrong.

Oh, and one other thing. I have an 9800 GTX card with the 8100 drivers. These seem to work well if anyone wanted to give em a try. I saw where they had WaW support in the documentation. But use them at your own risk. Mine is a fairly new machine so everything is fairly up to date.

If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know. So far I'm SOL on the deal. Its very sad indeed.

Comment

Did you try reinstalling the game?

Comment

Didn't someone else have a similar problem trying to play from a University in California? He could play COD4 there but not COD5.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

yea, Juneau, I installed it twice. No joy. I'll be taking this computer to another location in about a week. I'll try from there. But everything else runs fine. Well, apart from the glitches, but just not able to get to any servers and create a profile for SP or Mp. I'm lost.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the next patch. They got their hands full with this one. I'm so far behind everyone now, it will take forever to catch up.

Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                      yea, Juneau, I installed it twice. No joy. I'll be taking this computer to another location in about a week. I'll try from there. But everything else runs fine. Well, apart from the glitches, but just not able to get to any servers and create a profile for SP or Mp. I'm lost.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the next patch. They got their hands full with this one. I'm so far behind everyone now, it will take forever to catch up.

Oh well.
                      Are you still overseas?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                        Are you still overseas?
                        Yea, man I probably got another year here. I'll be heading to Bangkok around mid February. So I think I might be able to play over there. CoD4 worked well on Thai servers. Got my ping down in the 40's, and Cains server was around 350 or so. Beats the heck out of 685.

But all in all, I cant get real serious about playing. I just play because I like to pass time. Cant compete much from here but just like to be in the game. Give folks an easy target. They get a kick out of it. And I'm used to dyin.

I guess maybe you had a reason for asking me if I was still overseas. Its all military protocols on communication. We have very little hard wire. Almost everything is satellite.Then we have some that are not as bad to get out on. Thats what I been using for the game.

Like I said earlier, CoD4 worked great, except for the lag. But this is another story. Lots of people been getting the same error messages so I dont think its the router here. Most of those have been in the US. And I've disabled everything on my machine that I thought would hinder it from working.

So I'll be patient and see what happens with the next patch. Sorry I cant be cannon fodder for a while yet.

Comment

I am actually wondering if it could be blocked ports.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                            I am actually wondering if it could be blocked ports.
                            Thats a strong possibility. I was told they worked on a lot of stuff while I was gone from here. I was gone about 3 weeks and they had been cutting people off of the net for excessive bandwidth usage. But most of that was people downloading stuff all night. Like I said earlier, I played CoD4 on here for a couple of hours at a time and didnt have any problem.

Are you familiar with how being connected to a server like Cains shows up on their monitoring equipment. I know they can see it. It keeps logs also, so when they come back in the next day they can check it. Not sure if they can see what port you are connected through but I know they can see a lot of stuff.

I thought you might know how much bandwidth being connected to a gaming server took.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X