console commands not "sticking"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

console commands not "sticking"

well guys looks like another new screwup (or at least newly noticed) from the people at treyarch, certain console commands have to be re-entered every time you restart the game, or even load a mod.

some include
    com_maxfps
    cg_fov
    and a bunch of PB related ones like sleep time between server checks... ect...

Same for cg_drawfps that never worked since the game is out...

Comment

Treyarch haven't enabled a lot of console commands sadly. I did here that some commands would be back in the next patch.

Comment

the problem isnt that they are disabled, its that you need to re enter them every time you restart the game, but i agree they have WAY too many disabled console commands

Comment

I agree with that. BTW, talking about patch, anyone have news on that?

Comment

Originally posted by [nmzl]f0x View Post
            I agree with that. BTW, talking about patch, anyone have news on that?
            i have been looking @ the forums and news releases @ Call of Duty, World at War, and have yet to see any solid or "official" info on patch 1.2

Comment

If you edit the config file using notepad, the settings will stick.

I also noticed that cg_drawfps doesn't work. Had to use fraps...
              [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                If you edit the config file using notepad, the settings will stick.

I also noticed that cg_drawfps doesn't work. Had to use fraps...
                thx man, that really helped!!!

Comment

Hmmm. The FPS display works in SP cant say mine works in MP , haven't been able to get on yet. I even bound some keys to toggle it off and on.
                  \seta cg_drawFPS simple

Call of Duty World at War Console Commands
                  Last edited by {CLR} Cobalt; 15 Jan 2009, 07:20 AM.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

You right, it do work in SP but not in MP, unfortunatly... Anyway... I use XFire for that...

Comment

Originally posted by [nmzl]f0x View Post
                      You right, it do work in SP but not in MP, unfortunatly... Anyway... I use XFire for that...
                      how do you set xfire to show FPS, mine refuses to do so when i am not recording video...

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmie2 View Post
                        how do you set xfire to show FPS, mine refuses to do so when i am not recording video...
                        I use FRAPs to show FPS.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                          I use FRAPs to show FPS.
                          Apache
                          Same here
                          [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                          Like the community? Donate here:
                          [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Where do you find the config file? How do you show hidden files?

Comment

Originally posted by RyeWhiskey View Post
                              Where do you find the config file? How do you show hidden files?
                              C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaW

to show hidden files i think its tools>folderoptions>View>Hidden files and folders

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X