Low Ping players only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Ping players only

Well, I got to another location loaded up everything was able to connect. (You guys were right, they had the ports blocked at my last location.) Put in the server IP in my favorites. Logged on, BAM. Server is for low ping players only.

Whats sad is 550 aint low, but I'm above that. I wont see you guys til after mid February now when I get to Bangkok. I'll still be around, just wont be able to play yet. Sorry guys, best I can do with what I got to work with.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
    Well, I got to another location loaded up everything was able to connect. (You guys were right, they had the ports blocked at my last location.) Put in the server IP in my favorites. Logged on, BAM. Server is for low ping players only.

Whats sad is 550 aint low, but I'm above that. I wont see you guys til after mid February now when I get to Bangkok. I'll still be around, just wont be able to play yet. Sorry guys, best I can do with what I got to work with.
    I could have sworn we weren't doing this. And if we are it'll be extremely high. Let me look into this for you.

Comment

No big deal juneau. Like I said it was on 550 anyway.. Thats dang high, but you know mine is really bad. But dont change it just on account of me. It wont bother me none.
      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I think that is a bug. I have gotten it before and I ping around 50, Restarting the game fixes it for me. Did you try to connect more than once?
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

yea but on the server info it says 550 . Didnt try more than once. I'll try it again. Thanks guys

Comment

Tried it several times, still same response, and the server info is still on 550 so, it is what it is.

Maybe Cain had a reason for doing it that way. He always told me that high ping on other people didn't effect the game. Some thought it caused lag but he told me it didn't. I assume he knows what he's talking about.

I'll hang tight and see how it works out.

Comment

750 now ..

Comment

"WoOt" hehe,, the big dog has spoken. I"ll be back in a little bit to check it out. its supper time over here and if I dont catch a ride I dont eat..

Thanks Cain. Hope to be able to play in a bit.

Comment

Comment

I take it hes not in Texas anymore

If your playing from Bangkok and they set the ping so you can play in cainslair we're screwed here with our 40 and 50 pings

Comment

Cain rocks my socks backwards!
                      [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Glad we got you sorted Cobalt. Just hope you aren't hitting over 750.

Comment

You guys have been great, is all I can say. Now, the rest of the story.

First try, authentication failure. Seems to be a bug in the game from what I read, but found a work around. Next thing. After trying to syncronize the game it came back and gave me "cannot connect duplicate qports on server.

Hmm. don't know about this one. Could be someone here is playing the game also. I don't know. You tech types would know more than I do about port forwarding and such. Googled the problem and couldn't find much anything for a workaround unless you guys got any ideas.

And Bone, why is your 40-50 ping time screwed if I play from Bangkok. It will beat the heck out of my 685 where I am now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                            "cannot connect duplicate qports on server."
                            That has happened to me, all you have to do is wait for a few minutes or like someone said:

1. Wait till another map loads up, usually that does the trick

2. Exit game and reset your modem, this causes it to cut your player from the servers current map, which is still in game.

Is like you were still connected and you can't log back in..
                            K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                            sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

I had a similar situation happen to me from a hotel with an unstable connection. I had all those errors you mentioned and they didn't go away until the next morning.
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X