1/18/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/18/09

Tonight was incredibly fun, even though I have on many occasions stated that I hate this game. I tried out the M1 Garand and finished all the marksman challenges, and while that was pretty fun, I found second chance. When I was playing, myself and two others had the perk, so we made a squad and let me tell you, I really earned that medic challenge. We were pretty much unstoppable when we stuck together. I can't believe that so few people use the perk, but now that I've found it, I finally have something in the game that really hooks me.

Heh

Originally posted by Dr.Box View Post
    Tonight was incredibly fun, even though I have on many occasions stated that I hate this game. I tried out the M1 Garand and finished all the marksman challenges, and while that was pretty fun, I found second chance. When I was playing, myself and two others had the perk, so we made a squad and let me tell you, I really earned that medic challenge. We were pretty much unstoppable when we stuck together. I can't believe that so few people use the perk, but now that I've found it, I finally have something in the game that really hooks me.
    I used to use it on a sniper set, since many of the third spot perks don't do a sniper that much good anyway (got to shoot before steel lungs is worth it with these spawns). Anyway, I took it off because nobody else ever had it...except for a game or two...Maybe I'll put it back on one of my slots.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
      I used to use it on a sniper set, since many of the third spot perks don't do a sniper that much good anyway (got to shoot before steel lungs is worth it with these spawns). Anyway, I took it off because nobody else ever had it...except for a game or two...Maybe I'll put it back on one of my slots.
      It does work quite well as a sniper/rifle perk, especially if you're working with other snipers who have it, then it takes a head shot or explosive to kill you.

Comment

I use it on a lot of my kits. It seems that a lot of people who use the perk don't make an effort to revive others, though.

Having a whole squad with second chance sounds awesome, though. Squads are another option that normally goes unused, although I'm not sure what benefit they serve.
        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

yes

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
          I use it on a lot of my kits. It seems that a lot of people who use the perk don't make an effort to revive others, though.

Having a whole squad with second chance sounds awesome, though. Squads are another option that normally goes unused, although I'm not sure what benefit they serve.
          I've only tried squads a few times. The random spawns and continual rotation on the map seemed to make it hard to stay with the squad...also, stopping to check the map for checkpoints usually got me killed, and my kills dropped by a chunk (sorry Rye...or maybe it's because I was on your squad [and you were getting my kills]!)...eventually I just ran off and hunted folks. With xfire for members and a bit of practice it could be interesting to try the two.

P.S. I haven't been playing as much lately, because I've been getting tired of running around all the time, but if someone wants to mess about with squads sometime, and has xfire...add me to their list (xfire: "theonlyskud"...and WAW "Skud")...maybe I'll give it another shot.
          Last edited by Skud; 19 Jan 2009, 10:29 AM. Reason: added xfire profile

Comment

Its a great perk that supports teamwork, i mainly use it with my s&d class on those servers everyone has it so if ur good u never die!

Comment

I will put it on now guys.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X