Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--> PC 1.2 Patch Details <--

Hi all,

I know many of you may feel a bit left out seeing the console updates that keep getting pushed through, which is why I am making this post. I want to explain why the PC community cannot receive updates quite as frequently as the console world.

For that, please read the PC Patching Process sticky here:
    Call of Duty, World at War

After having read that, I want to update you with where we are at in that process. Presently, we are smack dab in the middle of Phase 2. We have a comprehensive list of what the community has been reporting, and we are reproducing & fixing some the issues for Patch 1.2.

Now we understand that some issues are more urgent than others. For this reason, we are aiming to release Patch 1.2 as quickly as possible - sometime towards the end of this month, beginning of next month (February). We want to move quickly on some of the more pertinent and more easily isolated issues, rather than waiting to release a more comprehensive patch that attempts to address them all.

Below is a list of some of the issues we are trying to fix for Patch 1.2. In order to get this patch out at the beginning of February at the latest, there may be an issue or two we intended to fix that gets pushed to Patch 1.3.

* All relevant console hot fixes & TU fixes (mostly MP map fixes).
    * HTTP Redirect.
    * Dedicated server reconnecting to master server index w/out reboot.
    * Fast-XP ?Power Servers? exploit.
    * Server authentication errors.
    * Cg_drawFPS in Multiplayer.
    * Cg_fov defaulting back to 65 after death.
    * +connect command line argument.
    * Preventing altering clan tag colors (used to appear as friendly instead of an enemy).

Patch 1.2 will not address every problem in the game. Patch 1.3 will encompass many more of the outstanding issues, and will start at Phase 2 again once patch 1.2 passes through Phase 5.

Additional support for the game will be available by way of patches as necessary in the future. And before you ask, one of the items still on our list is /record (this is unfortunately a bigger task which cannot be completed in time for 1.2). More info regarding future patches will be made available after Patch 1.2 is released.

Hope that clears up some of the questions. In the meantime, enjoy double-XP this weekend!

Regards,
    -JD
    http://www.callofduty.com/board/view...=91166%3Cbr%3E

Are they going to remove the fast xp option for servers? because if so getting to prestige 10 will be insanely hard and those like myself that used 2-3k xp/kill servers and are already P10 have got a huuge advantage.

Kaeben

p.s@activision please dont remove my rank lol

Comment

when is the patch being released? today?

Comment

My biggest problem was the qport error.. man that thing wouldnt let me on for a long time if I didnt hit it just right. That and an occasional authentication error. But the rest of the game ran fairly stable.

Like I said in an earlier post, I'm using the 8100 drivers and havent had so much as a hiccup game wise.

Oh,and I wanted to let everyone know that played the day I was able to get on that it was really a blast. Phantom was my nemesis the whole time. I really think he ran around looking for me.

Thanks everyone for the good time. And sorry for hijacking the thread.
        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
          when is the patch being released? today?
          Below is a list of some of the issues we are trying to fix for Patch 1.2. In order to get this patch out at the beginning of February at the latest,

Comment

I dunno that prestige level 10 is that much of an advantage - you get the extra customization slots, but I find so far that I only use two or three configurations anyway.
            Kusanagi

Comment

That is why I stopped after I think the 4th Prestige lvl.
              [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Kusanagi View Post
                I dunno that prestige level 10 is that much of an advantage - you get the extra customization slots, but I find so far that I only use two or three configurations anyway.

lol, so do I. I use about three setting. Going to prestige lvl 10 was just for the heck of it.

I knew something was odd with all the Fast-XP ?Power Servers?. I just find it odd how some of us that did buy the 70 dollar collector's version (me too ) had to wait for the XP dubble points week to come and soon enought Power Servers are up for anyone who chooses. Oh well.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                  by Apache Warrior
                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                • Reply to 6 years
                  by Sirex
                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                  by Sirex
                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                  by Sirex
                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                  by Sirex
                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                Working...
                X