Move from CoD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move from CoD4

So ladies and gentlemen, how do you feel about the migration from the CoD4 middle eastern type setting back to the WWII setting.

Myself, I think each have their own set of positives and negatives. I've got comfortable playing the SP mode for practice, and am liking the overall game more and more as I play it. Haven't had a lot of experience yet with MP. But from what I have had , it has been good so far.

I think the most pleasant aspect of WaW that troubled me the most in CoD4 was the nade spam. That really did get on my nerves. I could deal with tubers better than nade spammers. But thats just my opinion and not meant to be pointing out anyone that may have done that from this group.

So I guess my basic judgement about WaW is that it kinda grows on you after a bit. Once the bugs are worked out it seems like it will be a good game to keep around for a long time. The maps are big enough not to be tripping over one another and sniper activity is really good on some also.

I did get into a free-for-all server one time that had tanks. Cant say anything about them much one way or the other. But on some maps, I could see how they would be bad.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there and see how everyone felt now that most have had time to settle in and play a while.

[COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I am now happy that a hq server is up for cains. The big maps are a nice change but i sort of liked the close contacts that u would have in cod4. There were alot of fun hard to get to spots in cod4 and i really miss the m4, and barret. Cod5 is cool the ppsh is nice and there are a few cool bolts but i still miss the solid feel of cod4 and the hc server. It used to be almost daily that the teams would be 5v5 and that was perfect for me. Communication is critical with that amount of players and the smaller maps made it easier to move around to the differend positions. If cain decided to put the hc server for cod4 back up i would go back to cod4 but the headquaters in cod5 is pretty amazing. I am really glad that it is finally here. It takes alot of teamwork to win.

Just a few minutes ago i was on and it was 3v3 and it took around 15 minutes to capture this one point on castle but with solid teamwork we worked out that we had to have a person to rush the capture point, 1 look out guys that was me, and a guy to cover the captures back. It was great fun and i hope that we continue to play and keep it populated. I will try now to play more on that server if i can to help.

-Recon

Comment

I find that the game is alright, but we rarely are able to get a solid number of people in the server. I also hate HC, but that doesn't really affect the game itself.

Comment

Come on Dr.Box, HC is great. More like what really should be. At least I think so. Go ahead and get dead and move on. Well that and you have to keep count of your shots if you want to maximize the magazine.

Recon, did you guys use the mics for the teamwork. Thats what I want to be able to do. Communicate the strategy and implement it. With all the guys runnin and gunnin all the time. Its not much too that. But when the game has an objective to work towards like HQ then I think it will be fun.

I think the maps in 5 are better suited for HQ type play. In 4 it was always close quarters for the most part. And you naded em and went in. This is more conducive to teamwork seems like.

I cant wait til I can play with you guys again.
        [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

i really like WaW but i think they need to look at sniping more if you want to me top 3 on the leaderboard with a thompson you need to be good, if you want to be top 3 with a sniper you need to be pro lol. i cant help missing my awp when im using the springfield

Kaeben

Comment

nva played cod4 b4 so is it good??

Comment

It was an excellent game. The SP had a great story line with some twists never done in an SP game before. The MP was, arguably, the best MP game at that time.

Personally I think the MP has about run it's course, but it would still be worth buying just to play the SP.
              A change of Pace.
              "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

SP for CoD4 was alot of fun. It kept me entertained from start to finish. The MP was OK, but maps were teeny tiny. Great for Fast twitchers though.

WaW has alot more open space for sniping, but in TDM, the random spawns make sniping/camping a harrowing experience. Makes it much harder to know where the front is, when people can and do materialize behind your back. Supposedly this makes for a much more up-tempo game, or perhaps that was their intent. ??

We are still experimenting with different WaW types, and will see where it goes. We started up well after the big initial offering due to unforseen difficulties, and so have (IMO) not pulled in a huge number of regulars on a day-by-day basis.

Time will tell, and more games coming down the pipe soon.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                  by Apache Warrior
                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                • Reply to 6 years
                  by Sirex
                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                  by Sirex
                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                  by Sirex
                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                  by Sirex
                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                Working...
                X