What Do You Like Most/Least?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Do You Like Most/Least?

Just curious what specific aspects people have an issue with, or like. I'm MOST interested in those aspects that really, really bug you, not the minor stuff. Here's mine:

1. Challenging competition on Cain's server.

Dislike

1. The spawn system. Worst. Spawns. Ever.
    2. The weapons are not even close to being balanced. SMG rules all, and you're screwed if you go up against a good player with one and you don't have one yourself. Other classes aren't balanced either. Look at MGs for example--an M2 vs. an MG or FG 42 is going to lose most of the time because it takes longer to bring it out, it's less accurate, and it's got more recoil. Lame. At least within the SMG class, all of them are more or less equally good, and personal preference rather than clearly better weaponry is better for all.
    3. WW2. Again? Come one. At least give us the Korean War for once. It's like WW2, only with a few jets and a lot more Chinese.

What are yours?

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Like:

The server and the people that plays in the server. That 99% of the time I have fun.

Dislike:

The spawn system definitely. When I lay down as a sniper and I can't move properly. When BlackArrow kills me with a betty.
    K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
    sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

The people and the server, the Bipod, the Bayoent
      Dislike
      spawns, people who run around with bettys primed and drop them when they die, marty, the fact that the BAR does more dmg than the 1919..... but mostly the spawns

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmie2 View Post
        marty
        K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
        sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Like: The server and our community which plays there. As Rand said, our community has some great players.

Dislike: The spawn system, and the fact that our community barely plays the game even though they own it.

Comment

Like: I suppose the M1 Garand Sniper...

Dislike: Spawns, half the time I kill someone and they pop up right behind me, or I spawn in front of someone and get instantly slaughtered

The fact that I am never able to get on when the server has more than 5 people.

Treyarch doesn't allow the use of Shader Model 2.0

Weapon balance, using anything but an SMG or MG is a death sentence

One of the buggiest games I have ever played

Everything is brown

WW2 setting

The dogs, one hit kill on hardcore and they can take three bullets from an M1 Garand? That is way too powerful

Hardcore in general

The fact that I have to force myself to play even one round before I go over the top, which is why I never, ever, use a microphone

Betties, a claymore with 360 degree killing potential and activates at longer ranges? Who else sees something wrong with this?

When I play this game, all I see is a crappy console port. Treyarch clearly made the balance of weapons for consoles, where the careful aim required for semi-autos and bolt-actions is much more difficult to achieve, so Treyarch just decided to make the SMG's god weapons.
            Last edited by Dr.Box; 25 Jan 2009, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Playing with all the clrs is a plus.
              All the guns are kind of the same to me. The only real change between some of the mgs are the fire rate which is kind of lame in my opinion. The snipers are all the same with different scope layouts. The only acception is the m1 grand with a semi auto clip. All the rest are bolts. I miss the deagle from cod4 and some of the cool guns and variations that cod4 had. I think that the maps are cool in both cod4 and cod5 but i kind of stick to the cod4 maps. I really wish that there was a different feel or idea for cod5. The flamethrower kind of failed im my opinion but thats just me. Zombies is a cool idea to coop. Overall if we did decide to go back to cod4 i would uninstall cod5 and go back to cod4 but i dont think thats going to happen. I personally like the amount of players that cod4 had 5v5 and most of those players were regulars. I will stick to cod5 to keep it populated and help the lair but when cod6 comes out im going strait to that.
              -Recon

Comment

Like :

- CLR mates, always a pleasure to play with you guys

Dislike

- Spawn system again...
                - Dogs!!! That's anything... At least if they was less powerfull...
                - Some guns are overpowered, and some have anything but nothing close to realy, IE FG42 with no recoil, watch a movie of a firering FG42 on you tube and you'll see that this gun have major recoil, you should burst you shot if you don't want to fall behind on your butt... In the game, he's stable like hell, come on!!

I'd like to play COD4 again but it's becoming realy hard to find a great server.

That said, I don't regret to had buy COD5, it's just that there's some small things that ruin the experience everytime I play...
                Last edited by [nmzl]f0x; 26 Jan 2009, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Like: the competition that cainslair brings, this is the only server i cant run around with anything and come in 1st or second overall.

Dislike: WWII setting and the lack of a diferance between the snipers, they all shoot the same(exept m1)
                  absolutly h8 the capability of the betties so cheap, in cod4 clays were good but not overpowered thats how bettys should be. plus waw is mad buggy!

Comment

like: stages

dislike: some of da guns

Comment

like- eh i get back to u on this.

dislike- pretty much everything.
                      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

for me

Likes: Me buds from the Lair, somewhat bigger maps where sniping is actually an option. Like the prestige option, and the extra weapon slots that come with it.

Dislikes: rotating, random spawns...they pretty much take strategy out of the game (might as well be free for all), also make meaningful squad based play near impossible. Can't hold an objective or even march towards one if at one point you are spawning there and the next point the enemy is spawning there...and, spawns will separate your squad...
                        Also, am still more fond of modern weapons. Or, as Rand suggests, the Korean War would be a breath of fresh air, or Vietnam.
                        Oh, and almost forgot: K_PhaNTOM...that's the worst!

Comment

1. HC. I used to hate it, but after getting used to it I really prefer it to "normal" mode.
                          2. Map sizes. I really like that there are larger maps than COD4.
                          3. Playing on the lair (of course )

Dislikes:
                          1. Spawn system. There has been enough ranting on this already
                          2. Dogs. I think they should tone down the number of dogs released or something. They are much worse than the helo in COD4.
                          3. A lot of the guns in each class seem too similar. For instance, I can't tell much difference between the semi-auto rifles other than the Garand's unique magazine.
                          4. Lack of teamwork. This is especially bad in Team Deathmatch; TDM just doesn't foster team play. It is all run-and-gun. Some of the other game types are more team oriented, but people don't seem to utilize the mic and coordinate...
                          5. Second Chance. I actually like the perk, but most people don't take the time to revive you. I have seen people run by me when I am down, then see the message 5 seconds later that they need reviving. This goes back to the lack of teamwork. A lot of people are more interested in getting the most kills than in helping out their mates.
                          6. Squads. They seem worthless in this game. If you can't spawn on your SL, what is the point?
                          7. WWII! Why do these games always go back to WWII?!?! I much prefer modern warfare, or maybe near future.
                          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Like: Rand
                            Dislike: Rand

---------------

Otay- seriously tho:

Like:

New bigger maps
                            The range of weapons
                            Bigger buildout slots (prestige mode)
                            Dogs
                            only two nade max
                            Map variation (topography)
                            The Sayings (NPC yelling "Ima Freakin badass" is jus tmy fav)

Dislikes:

Whining
                            People who want perfect or not at all
                            Logging in to our server, inviting everyone to play, and seeing them continue to play on other servers
                            People who wont contribute changes that we can institute
                            People who are insulting because we dont have tanks
                            Negative attitudes about CoD5
                            Betty Boop's (the guy that runs around the entire map and has the betty on macro to dump a betty before he dies)
                            Asshats
                            Wallhacks
                            Aimbots
                            Cheaters
                            The guy who says "BS" every three seconds
                            Fruitcake- that stuff will just kill you

--------

Honestly, I havent been playing because we dont have a great deal of the positive people on our servers as of late. It's just flavorless to login, watch someone login, and then see them complain for 10 minutes about how much the server, the game sucks and etc.

Its a total buzzkill.

Comment

Oh, yeah...I LOVE Jack Bauer ordering me around. There's a geek-factor involved in that for a 24 fan like me that makes the game much cooler than it actually is when you're on the Marines side.

I HATE the bugginess. I've had 1 BSOD on my system before this game, and at least 15 while playing this game. Every BSOD I get on Vista just annoys the bejesus out of me, because that's the one thing it's best at, keeping those things away.

-Rand

P.S. Hammy, I'll only say BS after I pump half a clip into a guy (usually Rye :P) and he just turns and pops me in the head--and then usually only after the 2nd or 3rd time it happens. Or I miss 2-3 frigging point blank knife attacks. The glitches in the game are really excessive, and the latency lag can sometimes be absurd.
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X