clan war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clan war

even though we arent technically a clan i think it would be fun to do a competition to find out 10 or so best cod5 members and then take on another clan. just for fun rle lol
    wat u think?

Kaeben

Sometimes this happens, but we have almost never (since I've been here) tried to put together an organized team of the "best" players. Goes against the spirit of openness here. Most of the scrims have been open to all on the CLR side.

If we HAD done this in ONS, and put in the practice time (another big negative--any clan that plays regularly will beat us 90% of the time regardless of our skill because they work better together than we do, despite how CLRs tend to fall into excellent squad work), we would have been one of the top clans around. But it was much more fun to almost all of us to simply play open scrims with the Titan ONS server gang. From what I hear, the DOD guys could have said the same thing.

If you wanted to try this, normally the first thing to do is check with Cain and get his ok. The next is to find someone to organize it (not easy), and start recruiting. Just keep in mind that many of us have little interest in true organized competition.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I had a lot of fun with the 2142 competetion we entered and something along the same lines for WaW would be cool. But like Rand said, check with Cain first.

Comment

I remember those, and participated in some of the Pre-Scrim games, but My schedule never worked out well back then.

A friendly scrim is one thing. The true "Clans" have a military hierarchy, mandatory team/squad play times, accuracy and ingame time/date minimums, etc... They play for KEEPS. It is more of a job than fun at that point to me. I'd join the military if I wanted that type of hard core organization. (Come to think of it, a Lot of the hard core players ARE present or recently discharged military.)

When we had those scrims in 2142, it was all friendly play. Granted, we had some really really great players, and great team play. But it was just friendly matches, competitive, but friendly.

We do have some awesome players here at the Lair, and some who play on the servers but don't choose to use the CLR tag. All good. I'm sure you could get some interest in a scrim, but pass it through the big boss first.
        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I would be up for a scrim but how would we recruite and when? We first need to see if Cain is alright with it and then we need a server and even teams and members, and restrictions on classes, guns, perks if they care ect. Kool idea but reallly hard to get organized.

Comment

[COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

A friendly scrim is one thing. The true "Clans" have a military hierarchy, mandatory team/squad play times, accuracy and ingame time/date minimums, etc... They play for KEEPS. It is more of a job than fun at that point to me. I'd join the military if I wanted that type of hard core organization.
              What he said. I got burnt out doing that, I only play for fun now. Maybe at some point I'd try it again, but it is very time demanding. No practice time ='s losing, 86.78 percent of the time. Practice time equals structured learning, for which I'm already doing.

Comment

I assume you guys knew I was jokin when I said

Rye, what is your definition of structured learning.
                [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

what i ment was to take on another casual clan like us, one that wont put in lots of game time, tbh i think some practice will be needed but no alot, i would like to keep it casual.
                  ill talk to cain and if he gives his ok does anyone want to help me organise it?

Kaeben

Comment

ok cain has given me the nod, if u have any suggestions please post them here does anyone know any casual clans who may be up for this?

kaeben

Comment

Originally posted by RyeWhiskey View Post
                      What he said. I got burnt out doing that, I only play for fun now. Maybe at some point I'd try it again, but it is very time demanding. No practice time ='s losing, 86.78 percent of the time. Practice time equals structured learning, for which I'm already doing.
                      You forgot to carry the one.
                      A change of Pace.
                      "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I know a clan that played in cod4 but im not sure if they still do in cod5. They are more of 3 on 3 though so it would be hard.

Comment

Originally posted by RyeWhiskey View Post
                          I'm with Rye. Back in the day, Tribes and Tribes 2, I got burnt out practicing for 2 hours a day and then going to open servers to "run plays" and then going back to the practice server to fix what we did wrong.

If it isnt open, what is the point? Competitive gaming is cool, but there is a difference between a "pick-up" game and a "league" experience.

Comment

We did a scrim for COD4 and it had its moments. It the game was more squad-like, like in 2142 then maybe more people would participate because there is more team efforts involved. This game could be like it but most of us are used to just run and gunning or going our own way. Which reminds me...we should go back to 2142 and take out this clan I encountered a few months ago. haha.
                            [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

I don't like to lose, so I wouldn't scrim for fun. Structured learning is like Hammy said, you practice with goals in minds, tactics based on the maps, voice chatter low, only say what needs to be pointed out, strategies and tactics, different things.

Positional play. It's all much different than the casualness that we exhibit now.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X