Assassin's Creed: You gonna see my job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assassin's Creed: You gonna see my job?

Aka, are you buying the game? My brother is visiting me for awhile, so I'm going to buy the game (he has an xbox360), and hopefully when he gets the hell out I will have sold my wii and gotten an xbox360.

So, are you joining the fight?
    Hell yeah!
    0%
    No, I wouldn't even harm a fly, because I'm a whimp
    0%
    No, I don't have an xbox360, because I wasted money a wii, or I just don't have a 360
    0%

I've adapted a "wait and see" attitude for this one, especially after reading a recent EGM article that really slammed the gameplay and controls. That's pretty unusual to see in a mainstream magazine that caters to big titles and always overrates them, so I'm worried the game may actually have some problems.
    [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

I don't own a 360. I have an old PS2..... I won't be buying another console.
      A change of Pace.
      "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I was unimpressed by the footage I've seen of it so far, particularly with the camera work and controls. I would have to play a demo first to even consider it.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by paceman
          Same situation as me.

Comment

going down to mexico the day b4 it comes out to get me my copy...hehe
            [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

I just rewatched some of the newer footage that was posted recently. I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed at the combat. It looks (at least from some of the videos) to suffer greatly from kung-fu combat mechanics (everyone attacks one at a time).

I love the crowd dynamic, the free climbing/parkour, the stalking of your prey over a huge city, and the eventual chase as you try to get away. But those combat sections worry me, as I can see being stuck having to fight in many instances. If it sucks, thats going to bring the whole game down. I don't even mind the tech sheen that flashes up from time to time (though I think its overused).

Waiting with baited breath for the final reviews

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
                I just rewatched some of the newer footage that was posted recently. I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed at the combat. It looks (at least from some of the videos) to suffer greatly from kung-fu combat mechanics (everyone attacks one at a time).

I love the crowd dynamic, the free climbing/parkour, the stalking of your prey over a huge city, and the eventual chase as you try to get away. But those combat sections worry me, as I can see being stuck having to fight in many instances. If it sucks, thats going to bring the whole game down. I don't even mind the tech sheen that flashes up from time to time (though I think its overused).

Waiting with baited breath for the final reviews
                Well of what I heard because this has been a major issue that people are discussing is that back then people had honor in their kills and they attacked one by one. Just my opinion but hey i already pre-ordered the game so i don't care
                [IMG]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/chris2118/battlefield_3copy.jpg[/IMG]
                X...Noob Slasher...X

Comment

Re: Assassin's Creed: You gonna see my job?

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
                  Aka, are you buying the game? My brother is visiting me for awhile, so I'm going to buy the game (he has an xbox360), and hopefully when he gets the hell out I will have sold my wii and gotten an xbox360.

Does this mean we will ever see you again? LOL
                  We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisWW11
                    Well of what I heard because this has been a major issue that people are discussing is that back then people had honor in their kills and they attacked one by one. Just my opinion but hey i already pre-ordered the game so i don't care
                    I've also sat in on similar discussions. A few more "reasons" I've seen is that:
                    1) The guards aren't specifically trained to work as a team. Not even going to pretend to be a historian...I've no clue what kind of training guards went through in this time period, or if any emphasis on teamwork was used. A single slip of the sword could injure a fellow guardsman, though.
                    2) The guards are fearful of you (Altair). Seeing an assassin strike down a man in one, clear-cut blow could be pretty frightening.

...eh, that's it! I thought I had more. Anyway, I've seen where in some videos the combat does seem too easy. If you're in a situation where 15 guards have you surrounded, you likely did play things out very stealthily. But, then again, the producers want a game where you can also complete your missions in a very barbaric manner, if you wish, so I suppose they may be trying to cater to each playing style.

Overall, though, I've been largely impressed by the game. Don't have a Xbox360, don't want an Xbox360, so I believe I'll be waiting for this game to be released on PC.

Comment

Same here, but mine last one was a regular xbox, now modded and used to watch DVDs in my basement
                      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Re: Assassin's Creed: You gonna see my job?

Originally posted by Kyler721
                        Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin

Does this mean we will ever see you again? LOL
                        At least for a month, or maybe after one day when I beat it all lol. I hardly play "no lifers", but this game looks sweet, and I love being able to assassinate. It seems like the Splinter Cell I've been waiting for.

Comment

Will wait for the demo and a CE of the game.

Too many good games out there soon and so few time and money to play them all...
                          Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu
                            Will wait for the demo and a CE of the game.

Too many good games out there soon and so few time and money to play them all...
                            So true, at the momet I have pre ordered Crysis,UT3, bought hellgate london which is a wast of money and pre ordered Assian creed for my son.

But as Grisu say they is to many new games coming out.

Comment

+1

Took the words rate out of my mouth.

I am not voting.. no option for my position.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X