Map selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map selection

Guys, what is the criteria on the map selection that you have chosen for the Cod 5 server. I was just wondering. The reason is because last night I was playing really late for me but like 5 in the afternoon for you guys.When we got to the Seelow map everyone started to moan about the map because it was like 4 on 4 at that time. I was the only CLR in the group.

Seems like the larger maps of this type are not that condusive to keeping people around for the next challenge if they all bail out because the fun factor drops way off at that point.

I can see how it would be different with a fair amount of people when the server is full. But how about when there arent that many playing at that point. Even I checked out at that time mostly because there werent any CLR's in the game and it was late, but I lost my drive at that point to have to work at it that hard with action few and far in between.

Dont take this the wrong way, I'm really looking out for the good of the server and the people as a whole. And I sure wont let just one incident with one map trouble me in the least. My concern was the overall impact it has on continued interest that might be involved. And are sustitutes at this point being looked at. And again, what criteria is used for choosing the ones we have.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Colbalt u cant just get rid of a popular map like that bt i do see what you mean by if there is not enough poeple on the server, the only thing cain might be able to do is set it up so that it plays certain maps on certain times of days but when the server is busy varries i've seen it busy when only 1 other CLR was on(2pm est midweek), and i've seen it empty, so i dont belive there is a simple solution to this delema.

Comment

If it's late, or almost time to go and SeeLow pops up. I'll exit if there are 10 or less. The only time that map is fun with that amount is when you feel like sniping and not seeing people for a minute or so. With lots of people on it's fun.

Comment

seelow is not a good choice for CLR, at least not yet.
        Its always the game at which i leave the server, its just too empty for the current number of players

Comment

Thanks Rye, I guess any big maps would be hard with just a few people. I know there arent any easy solutions. Seems like when you try and fix one thing it creates something different. Cant please everyone though.I was just thinking about the good of the server. I've played that map with 4 0n 4 before. I dont care, I just like to play.

And, I was the last CLR to leave that night. I stuck it out til about 04:00 my time and I was tired. But it was all good.

Now if I could just get a scope on that M1, you guys would be in trouble.
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

heh

Was I on with you Cobalt when that guy started whining (I can't say what he really said) about Seelow and left? Lol.

I like the map. But, as Rye said, with less than 10 people for TDM it can be unsatisfying, or a lot of work and stress...knowing that if you try to run out and find the other players, you'll be the one target on the map.

That few people with free for all would still be okay...which is a thought...I play on a free for all server sometimes when I get home, because it's about midnight Central Time, and nobody, nobody is on the Lair...but this server usually has a few even then...I think in same time zone. Some might not like free for all...but, with the spawn system, even tdm is basically free for all. I wonder how we'd do with free for all?

Anyway, I do like the map because it is nice to be able to snipe and slow it down once in a while, and Seelow lets one do that.

Well, look at me spouting off! I'd better get in there and play: no work today!

Comment

What you have to do on small counts on Seelow is just try to get everyone to the bridge area. Don't go hunting down people when the idiot spawn system puts them in the barns to the rear, just wait for them to come back up.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

tbh i would quite like to see courtyard get put into the list, it's one of my favourite maps and would be great with the number of people we usually have on.
                what other maps are left out of the rotation? (just curious lol)
                Kaeben

Comment

Makin is awesome

Comment

You know guys, I havent been here long enough to try and dictate what should be played. I have my own opinions as to what I think would work. But thats my opinion. And I'm kinda sorry I brought this up. Prolly should have left it alone.

Maybe in the future some experimentation with map rotation might be what the guys decide on. But until then. I'm just gonna

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I like SeeLow, just usually not at 11 pm EST. At 2 PM EST, it's a great map . Yeah, Makin was a sweet map. I don't know why people don't like that one, and courtyard is a nice one too.

Comment

Add courtyard, makin, and hangar in my opinion! I love hangar

Comment

I played one I think it was Downfall. all the blownout buildings in the center. Man talk about a snipers dream. You can hide for a long time on HC cause no body can figure out where you are.

That would be a real challenge, the run and gunners would be in trouble moving around on that thing. Any elevated areas you can see quite a ways. I played courtyard but didnt like it too much. What with all the artillery its not much fun. Well at least for me.

Never played Makin, I cant even remember what that one was from the game. Airfield isnt bad.I get more shots off there than most places.

Oh. and I got the scope for the M1. You guys are in so much trouble.

Comment

Scoped m1 pwns, makin is the map where ist's night and your in the hay roofed buildings(1st mission), and courtyard is a mad kewl map...
                            Gotta get hangar on this server i love that map

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                              by Apache Warrior
                              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                            • Reply to 6 years
                              by Sirex
                              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                              Just hit 2.5K miles...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                              by Sirex
                              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                              by Sirex
                              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                              by Sirex
                              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                            Working...
                            X