Gears of War PC and DX10 Screen Shots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gears of War PC and DX10 Screen Shots.

Ok guys I got a copy last night from my brother 3 days before the realse date in the Uk only because he the manger of HMV hear in the UK Anyway, I have cranked up all the Setting to High and it Running in DX10 as well.

First thing is the controls take a bit of getting use to, Anyway the gameplay is awsome and the game runs Great on high and 1400x900 Res, so hears a few SS of the Game play in DX10.

My system 8800GTS,2 Gig Cosair 6400 xms. E6850 Core2Duo.

you should run it in dx9

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==

Comment

[quote="drunken_chef"]you should run it in dx9

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==[/quote

I stick with running it on DX10 Thanks.

Comment

[quote="Darkrain371"]
        Originally posted by drunken_chef
        you should run it in dx9

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==[/quote

I stick with running it on DX10 Thanks.
        did you read the article DR? the SS for dx9 and dx10 look the same to me and dx9 runs a good bit faster then dx10. but, your game, your PC.

Comment

Thanks for the screenies. Looks sweet.

One question: Can I play coop or multiplayer without paying an extra fee as I don't own a x360.?
          Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu
            Thanks for the screenies. Looks sweet.

One question: Can I play coop or multiplayer without paying an extra fee as I don't own a x360.?
            not sure I find out I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

Those screenshots look sweet. Hopefully the game lives up to its hype (again).

Comment

Originally posted by RobotBanana
                Those screenshots look sweet. Hopefully the game lives up to its hype (again).
                Trust me mate the Game dose It put the 360 version to shame I give the game 10/10 this is one game I been looking forward to all year and now I have it I can't stop playing it, along with timeshift.

Comment

Have you tried starting a multiplayer game or coop yet?
                  Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu
                    Have you tried starting a multiplayer game or coop yet?
                    Yes you can paley with a standed MP account but to access the rest of the MP you need a gold account to play on the ranked severs but hey who need a ranked sever to have fun.

Comment

Graphics looks nice but still has a console feel to it.

Comment

Well yes but the pc as more chapters to the story and you get to fight the boss at the end the one which chase you thur the game these are some of the things the 360 version is missing, I read some where in an interview with the game creater he said that the was no way he could fit the whole story on Gears of war on to a 360 disk, This is why he as made the new chapers to the pc version.

Which tell you the full story instead of missing half of it out so to speak.

Comment

Thanks for the informations!

Comment

It wasn't the size of the game disc that was the limiting factor, it was that Gears of War was rushed out the door for the 360 because Microsoft desperately needed a system seller. While it is relatively bugfree, it's blatantly obvious that at least half of the story is missing...there are so many things alluded to that are never explained. I've never seen such a broken storyline. Considering all of the cutscenes use the ingame engine, size was not the problem.

The only thing I've seen Epic say they couldn't do on the 360 was the fight with Brumak (and someone that plays the PC version please tell me what in the world you fight him with, he's a big sucker). The additional levels are just the rest of the missing game (and a selling point to convince people that already have it on 360 to buy it on PC).
                            [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
                            [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Sad but true.

Just bought the game on the net together with a preorder of ut3.

Let's hope Epic has done it better with ut3. At least I'm hoping for decent patches over the next year (instead of add-ons / booster packs).

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X