Conquest or Titan??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conquest or Titan??

If you've played both game types, just vote on which one you like better. Cains is now on Conquest, and I must say I like it better. No lag at all, and the battles were Mega Crazy!! I loved it! Please don't flame the game here, simply vote which you like better, and why if you want. Save the EA flames for a different thread.
    Conquest
    100.00%
    Titan
    0.00%

i ahve to vote conquest since moving the titans throws the game to heck. i love titans, but i prefer playability to coolness.

Comment

Not played conquest yet so i'll let you know soon

Comment

CONQUEST !!!! its brilliant.. i sniper like 7 guys in a row and i was prone nevet to one of their tanks

Comment

I prefer conquest; in Titan I'm more laid back and just tally up more deaths than kills because I'm trying to avoid so much fire when I'm in a Dragoon or on the ground (mechs + titan is sooo annoying), but Titan is nice because it gives an extra attack jet. =)

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
            i ahve to vote conquest since moving the titans throws the game to heck. i love titans, but i prefer playability to coolness.
            Same here...Titan mode is fun, but doesn't appear to be viable. Conquest all the way.
            [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
            [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Conquest was MUCH better than Titan as far as shear playability, so that gets my vote.

I still have minor annoyances even with Conquest though (general problems). My HUD doesn't show my weapons in the lower right corner and I can't figure out how to get them to show up since it's supposed to be by default when you scroll. It's difficult, much more so than in BF2, to see infantry on the ground (at least in this map). I can only scroll weapons in one direction with my scroll wheel, not both. All this adds up, and the generally slower pace of movement and combat than in BF2 contributes.

So far, BF2 for the win. Should have a third option called "BF2 Conquest."

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I see ground infantry really well on this map. =/ Especially from an aerial view, but most of my infantry kills are from the ground as a footsoldier.

Comment

I like the Titan game better. One of the things I like about is how there are two parts to the game. The "silo" phase is when everyone is scattered around until the shields go down the we all come together for some great battles. The problem is the LAG it makes it unplayable IMHO.

I hope they fix the lag issue so we can play some Titan.

That all being said I had a great time last night playing Conquest.
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR}
                    I like the Titan game better. One of the things I like about is how there are two parts to the game. The "silo" phase is when everyone is scattered around until the shields go down the we all come together for some great battles. The problem is the LAG it makes it unplayable IMHO.

I hope they fix the lag issue so we can play some Titan.

That all being said I had a great time last night playing Conquest.
                    yup Titan is the shiznat until it gets moved. If ya could do away with the lag then it be a superb game.

Comment

Originally posted by spectralshadow97
                      I see ground infantry really well on this map. =/ Especially from an aerial view, but most of my infantry kills are from the ground as a footsoldier.
                      At what distance? I'm talking farther than about 50 feet. Once someone is beyond that, it's very difficult to see them. When I was playing last night, I had to wait until they took shots at me to try and figure out where they were half the time, because they blend in with the surroundings too well.

Which brings me to another minor annoyance: it's far too hard to tell friendlies at a distance too. In BF2, you can tell the blue/red tags from much farther away than you can in 2142. This will probably lead to a lot more TKs in this game, especially for someone like me, who can hit things at distance with armor fairly easily--and especially once I figure out the full range of projectile drop, which is greatly enhanced over what I already consider to be a radical deviation in BF2. These would be totally avoidable tks, but for whatever reason they reduced the IFF (identification friendly or foe) distance.

-Rand

P.S. As far as deviation and drop, EA should really do their homework. An M1A2 can hit a moving target 3,000 meters away while the tank itself is also moving. Their shells don't drop into the ground 500 feet down the line if you line up and shoot straight. :P
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!

Comment

I usually just line up for a second before firing to tell friendly to foe. Took a few kills to get my timing correct. Most of the time when sniping i see people in movement before i actually see them. But people have killed people around me and just left me there so i don't think your the only person having problems finding others. Might just be the lighting and shadows. I think the shadowing is so much better, a little annoying but better. Plus look for the little diamond/square shape in red that shows enemies that have been pointed out by your computer system, I think when you start doing squad leader upgrades and such where upgrades can show you the local enemies it will be easier. Try just getting on a hill and sniping for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                          Originally posted by spectralshadow97
                          At what distance? I'm talking farther than about 50 feet. Once someone is beyond that, it's very difficult to see them. When I was playing last night, I had to wait until they took shots at me to try and figure out where they were half the time, because they blend in with the surroundings too well.

Which brings me to another minor annoyance: it's far too hard to tell friendlies at a distance too. In BF2, you can tell the blue/red tags from much farther away than you can in 2142. This will probably lead to a lot more TKs in this game, especially for someone like me, who can hit things at distance with armor fairly easily--and especially once I figure out the full range of projectile drop, which is greatly enhanced over what I already consider to be a radical deviation in BF2. These would be totally avoidable tks, but for whatever reason they reduced the IFF (identification friendly or foe) distance.

-Rand

P.S. As far as deviation and drop, EA should really do their homework. An M1A2 can hit a moving target 3,000 meters away while the tank itself is also moving. Their shells don't drop into the ground 500 feet down the line if you line up and shoot straight. :P

i agree about the distance. having their tag hang 50ft above their head makes anyone a target imo at a distance

Comment

You know, I like Titan mode. However, it's pretty much unplayable for me right now. So my vote goes to Conquest.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm_Shadow
                              You know, I like Titan mode. However, it's pretty much unplayable for me right now. So my vote goes to Conquest.
                              Now i've played it.

+1

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X