Clear All

German version of the retail is out

Some in game shots of the German version

Think he was running it on the following specs:
    AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4200+
    2.5 GB Ram
    Radeon X1900XTX 512 MB

Thread at the Epic Games Forum

German magazine PCGames has a ton of SS as well.

Thanks dude, was a good look. Server browser crappy still, but map shots were tight.

Comment

Originally posted by LAMONT
      Thanks dude, was a good look. Server browser crappy still, but map shots were tight.
      Yeah, there goes the hope that Epic decided to pull its head out of its butt and fix the browser

That War map shown is pretty small

Good Find KurlonT!

Comment

It's a pity they didn't add a new browser and hopefully they will tweak it in a later patch.

I can't wait for this game now.

Oh man, just reading the thread over at Epic. They changed/fixed nothing. I've got a feeling that the Mod community is going to be very very important for this release.

Comment

juneau, when is the official release date in the uk?

The German version is cut down a lot, so I'll have to wait for the international release...
          Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Just the fact that Epic stayed completely silent after the Beta release on any word of changes was worrisome. This would just seem to confirm that they didn't do anything. It's almost like the menu/art director put his foot down and told everyone else to bugger off, he wasn't changing it.

The images don't look all that much better than the beta images after the ini tweaks. Does that mean there aren't supped up textures waiting for us somewhere?

So, seemingly no favorites or friends lists. How do you get away with that in 2007? If the gameplay inbalances are still there, the lifetime of this game isn't going to come close to UT2k4 without some very good patches, and soon.

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu
              juneau, when is the official release date in the uk?

The German version is cut down a lot, so I'll have to wait for the international release...
              22nd iirc.

Comment

Let's just hope the German version is sufficiently different from the others that they would have fixed some of the big issues for everyone else.

-Rand

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Thanks!

"Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we
                  need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Unreal Tournament 3 (PC)" [Video Game]
                  Estimated arrival date: 26/11/07 - 28/11/07

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes."
                  Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

From what I have read there were not many changes. I did read that shock combo damage was reduced... can't confirm.

Stingers everywhere, wooooo...

Comment

It's already a stinger-fest. Which is very lame. Part of the problem with Shock is that there is something wrong with tracking right now, and it's MUCH harder to use a SR than it was in ONS. That, and little to no pushback, equals ineffective. Especially when the stinger is so over-amped that it owns the battlefield.

I don't know what they were thinking with weapon balance this time around.

-Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                        Just the fact that Epic stayed completely silent after the Beta release on any word of changes was worrisome. This would just seem to confirm that they didn't do anything. It's almost like the menu/art director put his foot down and told everyone else to bugger off, he wasn't changing it.

The images don't look all that much better than the beta images after the ini tweaks. Does that mean there aren't supped up textures waiting for us somewhere?

So, seemingly no favorites or friends lists. How do you get away with that in 2007? If the gameplay inbalances are still there, the lifetime of this game isn't going to come close to UT2k4 without some very good patches, and soon.

-Rand
                        Not surprised. Once Epic got a taste of the cash cow that are AAA console games, they probably just said screw it to the PC. They got burned by piracy in the past, and never sold as many copies of UT2k4 as they did with GoW IIRC.

That's why we were given an unapologetically consolized UI. A super craptacular server browser. And a buggy, lackluster demo.

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt when they've earned it. In the past, Epic earned that right. But now, they've pretty much spent all that positive mind share. For me, they have to deliver the goods in order to once again earn that same respect they've been taking for granted. Currently, they aren't doing too well with all this console-centric stuff

Comment

Definitely feels like a console game to me.

There is a pretty deep mod community within UT, perhaps there will be some tweaking/changing done based on what PC gamers wanted, by PC gamers apparently. The silence after demo release was deafening to me.

Past that, playing "wait and see" while I enjoy a multitude of pretty damn good releases out there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
                            Originally posted by Rand{CLR}

-Rand
                            Not surprised. Once Epic got a taste of the cash cow that are AAA console games, they probably just said screw it to the PC. They got burned by piracy in the past, and never sold as many copies of UT2k4 as they did with GoW IIRC.

That's why we were given an unapologetically consolized UI. A super craptacular server browser. And a buggy, lackluster demo.

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt when they've earned it. In the past, Epic earned that right. But now, they've pretty much spent all that positive mind share. For me, they have to deliver the goods in order to once again earn that same respect they've been taking for granted. Currently, they aren't doing too well with all this console-centric stuff
                            I didn't notice any major game bugs, apart from view height. What else is there?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
                              I didn't notice any major game bugs, apart from view height. What else is there?
                              The game itself wasn't too bad, but the server code seemed pretty wonky.....but that was more the browser than the actual game.

It did make it pretty hard to enjoy the game though, as it became difficult to join games because they never seemed to report correctly. The server was a bit unstable as well, though I hope that is fixed now.

I guess saying it was both buggy and lackluster is a bit of an overstatement. A few rather annoying issues, but really, the lack of map running the ONS/WAR gamemode kinda put me off. Especially because it's been such a focus for all their marketing and previews, as well as one of the biggest reasons people bought their previous title.

I'm waiting to hear everyone's verdict before passing final judgment though.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X