X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So.. What is your best K/D

67/6 for me !!

Very nice!

I normally pay zero attention to K/D. If helping my team involves me going on a 1-way trip to pwnsville while I take down a few key enemies....you better believe I'm packing my bags

That said, this one particular round stands out:

Needless to say.....there was a bit of a skill gap between teams (was late one on another server when Cain's just refused to jumpstart )

I think I might have gotten a few more kills after this....but I forgot to screenshot it. 42/4 ain't too bad though

Comment

I didn't take a screenie, but I do remember seeing something like 55-15. Had most of the kills with a very well placed turret and then following up with some great heals while being a heavy.

Was just one of those great games
      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire

I normally pay zero attention to K/D.

Same here... this is one thing I love about TF2. You don't get all the jerks with the "my K/D is better then yours" crap. A solid score. I just noticed mine lastnight. Their team did a few scout rushes and got raped by my sentry. lol I think I had like 16 the one time.

Comment

The game is not about just shooting other people. Its really about team work and getting the win.

In CS, its grab a gun and shoot. K/D is a huge epeen factor. But in TF2, you have classes that are there for support and if used correctly, help greatly in the win. What I like is that they give points for setting a good teleporter as an engie, or heals as a doc. People like to see their names up top of the score sheet, and there are more ways than just killing others.

Although it does get very aggravating when you play a round of 2fort and you have 5 snipers and 4 spies on your team. While both classes are key, too many of them means other practical classes are not used.

When I joined Cain's last night, the teams were unbalanced 16 to 12. The enemy was camping our spawn with stickies AND soldiers. Was pretty lame, but part of the game. Most of our team kept spawning as snipers. When I recommended that we spawn as more practical classes for the situation, we managed to make our way out of the spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky
            The game is not about just shooting other people. Its really about team work and getting the win.

In CS, its grab a gun and shoot. K/D is a huge epeen factor. But in TF2, you have classes that are there for support and if used correctly, help greatly in the win. What I like is that they give points for setting a good teleporter as an engie, or heals as a doc. People like to see their names up top of the score sheet, and there are more ways than just killing others.

Although it does get very aggravating when you play a round of 2fort and you have 5 snipers and 4 spies on your team. While both classes are key, too many of them means other practical classes are not used.

When I joined Cain's last night, the teams were unbalanced 16 to 12. The enemy was camping our spawn with stickies AND soldiers. Was pretty lame, but part of the game. Most of our team kept spawning as snipers. When I recommended that we spawn as more practical classes for the situation, we managed to make our way out of the spawn.
            Yeah, sorry bout that twinky, by the time it was mentioned that things were unbalanced, the skew was pretty large. After that round ended, I believe things leveled out - not sure why the autobalance didn't kick in

That's one of the big reasons why I enjoy TF2 so much.....everything is designed around rewarding teamwork and playing for the win, rather than individual score/kills. Not that kills aren't important, but in a team game, the win is more important.

Btw, the quickest way to see your name at the top of the scoreboard is to be a good medic.....learn to dodge incoming fire, look out for spies, and stick to the frontline guys like glue. Its actually fairly difficult to NOT be near the top if you you just look for injured teammates and stay alive May not be the most glamorous, but certainly one of the greatest ways to help your team win.

Comment

No harm Carbon. When i joined, the teams were unbalanced and I saw the "Teams will autobalance in 5 seconds". So I waited, and nothing happened.

I think someone ended up switching sides after 30 secs or so to help us out, which was cool.

Comment

Had a 38/6 ration on 2Fort as a Demo ... I love camping over the doorways or on Snipers nest on that map. Even the enemy basement can be serious fun ... I sticky nade jump over and then sticky the steps hoping for some overzealous defenders to follow me back down.

Normally, I am a 1:1 guy ... I'm ALWAYS pressing the attack, and I care not one iota for myself, as my intention is to buy some distraction time for teammates behind me. If you see some idiot jumping on 2 sentries as a Pyro, that would be me.
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

As a medic, you probably wont' have much of K/D

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Tony

more like KA/D

Comment

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar
                      Originally posted by Evil Tony

more like KA/D
                      True.

As Twinky already elaborated on, I love how K/D ratio isn't a big factor in this game (especially for supportive classes). My two main classes are Engineer and Medic, and although Engineers can get good amounts of kills, I often focus more on support as Engineer: getting useful dispensers and teleports up for the team before getting up a sentry. Unless, of course, it's an offensive sentry that's going to keep the baddies away from crucial points and our "mini-bases."

On BF2142, I was constantly checking my K/D ratio to see if I was doing well. In TF2, I could care less. Not to say it isn't nice to have a great K/D for the round, but I rarely notice it if I do happen to do nicely in that realm.

That said, I only have two pics with decent K/Ds. Engineer with 12 to 1, and Soldier with 61 to 22. Though neither of the pictures were saved for K/D reason...they just happen to be decent.

Comment

i took this one way back, i played almost every class as u can see on my points. not that great of a K/D but its good for me

Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

That's from one of the today's game where Red team basically couldn't get out of their spawn area and where one of our demomen got like 22-0 k/d ratio

Comment

I'm too scared to even look at my K/D ratio. In TF2, I'm usually the guy that runs in guns-a-blazin'. I'm happy with just a couple of kills before I die (yet again).

Comment

Originally posted by RobotBanana
                              I'm too scared to even look at my K/D ratio. In TF2, I'm usually the guy that runs in guns-a-blazin'. I'm happy with just a couple of kills before I die (yet again).
                              Same here, I like to keep things nice and even......

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X