Direct2Drive ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct2Drive ?

You can pre-order and pre load UT3 using Direct2Drive. Has anyone used this service before and know how it works?? Is anyone going to buy UT3 this way?? I have some concern about patches and Mods and how compatible they are with this version of the Game.

MD

I bought a bunch of the EA games this way, but they recently started to warn that you can only reload it x amount of times. The way computers and hard drives die these days, I decided to go back to buying the disks.

I pre-ordered Crysis and UT3 at GameStop for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArrow
      I bought a bunch of the EA games this way, but they recently started to warn that you can only reload it x amount of times. The way computers and hard drives die these days, I decided to go back to buying the disks.

I pre-ordered Crysis and UT3 at GameStop for this reason.
      Which is why I only use steam for digital distribution. Limited downloads/installs is pure crap....if Valve ever went that route, you'd better believe I'd drop them like a bad habit, just like the rest. I've reinstalled moved my HL2/CS:S/DOD content files more times than I can count due to moving to different computers and windows reinstalls.

If you are at all concerned, I'd say just stick to getting the disks. That way you KNOW it works

Comment

Does EA have UT3 available through its download? Does EA limit the amount of installs?

Comment

EA charges extra for long term downloads. :P
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I know with Direct2Drive, there are a BUNCH of warnings which state compatibility issues between downloaders and disk owners, and how patches won't work with a Direct2Drive version of the game. That might have been just a way to completely inform potential users, but it was enough to scare me away from the service.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X