Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wow... Random woW suspension from blizzard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow... Random woW suspension from blizzard...

Couldn't log on, tried to get reset, email sent...
    I go check, and there's a "FINAL WARNING - account suspension" email in my inbox....

Kinda dumb I think... seeing as that was the only warning... and that I didn't do anything... and that it was for "exploiting the game economy".

Seriously... lol
    Just had to get that out there...

Blizzard is pissin me off...

Probably some gold farmers got a hold of your account information and are spamming general chat channels with ads for their stuff.

My wife, who hasn't played in a year, and whose account has been closed for over 6 months, got an email that said her activation of the BC freebie thing is now active.

They do alot of this stuff. You should call Blizzard and explain.
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky
      Probably some gold farmers got a hold of your account information and are spamming general chat channels with ads for their stuff.

My wife, who hasn't played in a year, and whose account has been closed for over 6 months, got an email that said her activation of the BC freebie thing is now active.

They do alot of this stuff. You should call Blizzard and explain.
      Yeah, probably will. i'll wait 3 days tho first

Comment

Eeeek...

Well, my WOW account has been hacked twice.
        Obviously my anti key logging stuff wasn't up to snuff, but has been
        corrected.

When they hack your account, they clean you out completely, down to
        your toon's underwear. Your bags, items, clothes, ..... EVERYTHING is
        VT'd or auctioned off.

It will take 3-5 weeks for WOW to get 75-90% of your stuff back.

I Really hope this isn't the case for you.
        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone
          Eeeek...

Well, my WOW account has been hacked twice.
          Obviously my anti key logging stuff wasn't up to snuff, but has been
          corrected.

When they hack your account, they clean you out completely, down to
          your toon's underwear. Your bags, items, clothes, ..... EVERYTHING is
          VT'd or auctioned off.

It will take 3-5 weeks for WOW to get 75-90% of your stuff back.

I Really hope this isn't the case for you.
          lol nope. "Allen" from bliz emailed me with a big sorry for the misunderstanding note but wow I am amazed at how easily I am not that interested in WoW anymore.. lol

Comment

THey are taking a lot of steps to crack down on power leveling and the purchase of gold from 3rd party sites. If you haven't subjected yourself to either of those services it is just a misunderstanding.

Which I do not understand why people purchase gold because I can easly make about 300 gold in about an hour and a half to two hours.

Comment

Well, thats YOU. For someone new coming to the game with no help from others in guilds or the like, it makes the game much more enjoyable when the financial burden is not there. When you can get an upgraded weapon or that 12 slot bag instead of the 4 slot one.

I don't think those buying are the ones that are level 70 with tier x gear. Its the ones just trying to keep up with the Jone's who don't have the 5 hours a day to play, but still want to be there.

do i blame them? No. these games are supposed to be fun and grinding for money when you are starting out takes away from the questing and pvp that makes the game fun.
              [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
              So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Naillik, if you are wanting a strong password generator, well anyone, let me know.
                I have an old proggie i made that makes strong random passwords, from any combination of letters etc.

I've got a list of 5 i use all the time for important stuff, paypal, bank etc from it that are easy to remember, been using it since one of my site logins got abused...

Most passwords for games are brute forced (ie guessed until right).

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

3 days without WoW? Some freaks would rather die!

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
                    3 days without WoW? Some freaks would rather die!
                    lol... I have discovered CS:S!!!!!!! It freed me!!!

Comment

nope, it only replaced the addiction... As soon as you can get a healthy dose of TF2, portal, and UT3. That will cure the addiction.
                      [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR}seikoAF
                        nope, it only replaced the addiction... As soon as you can get a healthy dose of TF2, portal, and UT3. That will cure the addiction.
                        well... a month of CS:S can't be THAT bad till I get TF2..

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky
                          Well, thats YOU. For someone new coming to the game with no help from others in guilds or the like, it makes the game much more enjoyable when the financial burden is not there. When you can get an upgraded weapon or that 12 slot bag instead of the 4 slot one.

I don't think those buying are the ones that are level 70 with tier x gear. Its the ones just trying to keep up with the Jone's who don't have the 5 hours a day to play, but still want to be there.

do i blame them? No. these games are supposed to be fun and grinding for money when you are starting out takes away from the questing and pvp that makes the game fun.
                          It is just about knowing how to spend your time in game the correct way, [playing 5 hours or 2 it is all the same.Just starting out or not. When I first started a few years ago you learn very quick what makes you money and what doesn't. If you can't figure that out then shame on you.

It is just supply and demand. At this point the older mats you get weather it be from enchanting, mining, or the like sell very very well. All you have to do is study the auction house for ten minutes to learn what will make you money.

Comment

This is why I hate MMORPGs now. most of them are all about who is the richer person and having the best gear to whoop ass with.

I prefer guild wars. an MMO, sure, but the only real "expensive" stuff has no effect, it just has a cool "skin" or aka looks cool. Having a sword with dog crap on it has the same (if it has the same mods, which are cheap) effects as a sword thats... well... doesn't have crap on it, and looks cool.

I really hated playing RuneScape, thank god my nephew wanted to quit, I got sick of him playing the game with spoiled rotten greedy kids thinking they are cool, and he got pissy a lot when we told him to get off because he wanted to play constantly to get the best items.

Comment

Well having more gold certainly helps it isn't the end all be all way to have powerful items.

You gain points for pvp and being on an arena team even if you lose every match you play, as long as you complete ten matches ,(which can be done in 20 min) you will still end up with like 400 points. When you have earned enough points they can be spent on the best pvp gear in the game.

Of course the more casual players with with lower rankings will earn points slower but given a little time they can compete with the people that spend hours in game.

Low level is low level. The game doesn't really start until you are 70 any way. Not much you can do being on a pvp server you take your licks leveling getting ganked by higher players.

Again there are plenty of ways to make gold in the game. You just need ot know what professions are the money makers.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X