Remove Gravelpit from rotation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Gravelpit from rotation?

I suggest removing Gravelpit until Valve releases an update to plug the hole in the map allow players to fall underneath it.

Why? Just kick/ban whoever is doing that and people who still want to play on this server will stop using this exploit, as simple as that.

Comment

I second the kick/ban. we can remove some stupid players. Ive reported two already, will do it again when i see it.
      Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

There are so few official maps now, I would hate to see one of the best pulled out of rotation. Kick/Ban the exploiters.
        A change of Pace.
        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I kinda agree with the kick/ban. If we remove the map, regulars may start to get annoyed at the little rotation we have going.

Just keep on reporting them. If an admin is not online, take a screenshot, get their Steam ID, and post it up in the Report a Jerk section so that we can take action after the fact.
          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I agree too. But admins are not on 24/7.

Comment

This is the same for all games that have been run at Cain's. While there are mic spammers, racists, exploiters and so on in every game, I think pulling the map would be to the detriment (sp) to the entire community 100% of the time, while the exploiters are there for the map or just the round.

Thats why screenies and steam ids will help get the problem solved. Granted, its an after the fact thing, and in today's world we all want instant everything. In this case, just like fast food, faster service is not always better.

Wow, I so sidetracked myself lol

Comment

I support the kick/ban idea. It's true there could be situations where no admins are online, and that would spoil that round, pretty much. However, this is basically the easiest expoit to catch with a screenshot. This is posted elsewhere, but I'll provide the info again to (hopefully) helpful:

1) Drop to spectator (hit escape, click the TV), click the mouse until you're spectating them while they're under ground
                2) Take a screenshot (hit F5)
                3) Open the console (hit ~, if nothing happens hit escape and go to keyboard under settings and click 'advanced' and then enable the developer console)
                4) Type "status" fine their name in the list of online players, then highlight that whole line and hit ctrl+c to copy.
                5) Alt+tab and report, paste the steamID line and screenshot. The screenshot is located in ../program files/steam/steamapps/yoursteamID/team fortress 2/tf/screenshots

Alternatively, you can get a screenshot of the deathcam when their sentry kills you - just make sure the "you were killed by the sentry gun of ___" is in the screenshot. However, if there is more than one person down there, you might have to keep doing it to get killed by all the sentries.

Hopefully steam will fix this quickly.

Comment

I like gravel pit please no....

Comment

Originally posted by mapes
                    I like gravel pit please no....
                    this is one of my favorite map, and i would hate to see it go.

btw i got a question, does the server has admin mod? n who r the admins?
                    Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

i think we just need a couple more tf2 admins.... *cough cough* me *cough cough* did you hear something?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro
                        i think we just need a couple more tf2 admins.... *cough cough* me *cough cough* did you hear something?

Naa.. I like to push you off the roof and laugh.

I am for keeping GP as well... It is a good map.

Comment

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar

Naa.. I like to push you off the roof and laugh.

I am for keeping GP as well... It is a good map.
                          lol dude i wanted to slap you everytime you did that the other day!!!! :P :P

Comment

That is pure asshatting at its best. But I think we can make an exception for you.

Comment

i think we just need a couple more tf2 admins....
                              I agree.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X