DoD Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoD Question

Hey guys is it any way to change your in game player name.

Also,I keep getting these purple and black checkerboard thingys what look like should be the blood when there is damage. Anybody run into this before.

Oh, and I finally got the game downloaded. Messed around in the server for a while and couple of guys came in. CoD it is not. But I guess it can be fun with enough people. You sure make a lot of noise runnin though.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I have had the same issues with the checkboard things. I'm almost certain its a video card issue. If I shut down Steam, reload, I'm usually OK.
    Might want to check your card drivers.

I'm not 100% sure on the name. I think that if you hit ESC while in game, go to OPTIONS and then MULTIPLAYER, you shoudl be able to change your name there.
    If not, it might be tied to your Steam ID page. Since the steam friends thing, you might have to change your name linked to the your steam community pages. From the main steam page, click on COMMUNITY, then go to MY CONTROL PANEL and there should be a link or a box labeled EDIT MY STEAM ID PAGE.

I'm typign this from memory, so I might be a bit off
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Hey Cobalt! Good to see you finally succumbed

To change your name go to the main menu and select "Options". Then, on the "Multiplayer" tab, change the name appearing in the box under "Player name". Click OK.

About the purpule textures... I do have them and I can't fix it
      but try these anyway:

- update your video card drivers
      - make sure you have enabled "Allow all custom files from server" -- under "Options and Multiplayer tab"
      - Apache suggested to clear the cache file:
      C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\Your Account\day of defeat source\dod\cache
      K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
      sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

What minerva said

Comment

Hmm. dont seem like the cache file would have anything to do with it since it started from the first time I was in map. But I'll try.

Gonna go mess with the player name think for a bit and see if I can change it. Thanks for the input.
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

let us know how it goes and what you did to make it work.

it will help people who search for similar issues find a quick answer
            [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
            So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

The checkerboard effect is when a texture has failed to load or is missing iirc.

Hope to see you online soon Cobalt.

Comment

Make sure that your settings "allow downloads"...

We look forward to seeing you in there Soon !!

Comment

To change your player name, you need to change your STEAM name in the options menu..

FILE
                  SETTINGS
                  FRIENDS
                  NICKNAME

That is the way you do it if you have bought this game through steam.
                  There is no field menu for my version of the game because it grabs my Steam Nickname and writes it to the game.

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys and gals. I think I'm just gonna have to live with it.. kinda pretty if you look at it that way. Purple and Black checkerboard for blood and gore. Nice change.

And I got the name thing resolved too. Thanks guys. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Yeah the purple checkerboard thing is missing texture files in your folder. It is suppose to be downloaded when you are joining the server but it didn't for me either...at first it made me kind of irritated but now its a beacon for anyone low health :P You can see purple from far away :P!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzmark View Post
                        Yeah the purple checkerboard thing is missing texture files in your folder. It is suppose to be downloaded when you are joining the server but it didn't for me either...at first it made me kind of irritated but now its a beacon for anyone low health :P You can see purple from far away :P!
                        You can also see it thru walls. It should be removed, imo.

Comment

Yeah, that blood mod, even with the textures, isn't even that cool>_<

Comment

Come to think of it I did see a guy up in the church tower bleeding pretty bad through the walls. I just thought thats the way its supposed to be.

Comment

i dont see any purple blood.
                              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X