Clear All

For those who have played ??

Is Warfare fun ??

Is it like ONS ??

Inquiring minds got to know !!

*tick tock tick tock*

Hurry! We wants to know!

Comment

It tons of fun. Just like ONS so far, but the orbs really make it more difficult. Orbs instantly capture a node! I've only played Serenity so far, which btw is nothing like Primevil. Nodes connect in a straight line and there are lots of trees. Thats about all the similarities. There is even a Levi on that map which spawns at a side node in the middle of the map. Once you get the hang of it, this game is going to rock!! I can't wait until I can test out the other maps! Anymore questions, ask away!

MD

Comment

To me, it is extremely disappointing. Sure, the gameplay is similar to ONS, but the big problem is as we feared: Epic didn't change a damn thing between this and the beta.

The server browser is the exact same piece of junk it was in the beta: no friends, no favorites. VOIP hardly works and is buggy as hell. Death messages are set to "off" by default. The same issues from the beta with vehicles and weapons are all still there, unchanged. Teleporting between nodes is MUCH worse than in ONS, as is trying to spawn where you want to spawn at. The graphics may be a bit better, it's not tinged purple in Serenity for example, but it's hard to tell since that's all I've played so far.

The game was obviously rushed out the door, and Epic didn't do anything from Beta feedback. They're probably working on a patch--it would not surprise me if 1.01 fixes almost everything we hated from the beta. But they should have done it before pushing this thing out the door.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

The Epic guys are business people, and I can assure they listen to feedback and care more about their customers than any other game company.

Comment

I guess I'm just not as picky. All I know is I'm having a ton of fun. Only thing I can say is, I don't really like the Necris vehicals that much. It could be because I haven't used them a whole lot yet though. Overall I'm pretty Impressed.

MD

Comment

Although I'm disappointed with the lack of fixes from beta to release, Warfare is a lot of fun. The Orbs will take some getting used to, but it actually requires defense of a node unlike Onslaught in which offense was everything. Brought back some good memories.

Comment

Warfare is much more chaotic than ons....still very fun. Trying to figure out the new minimap has been my issue as well as figuring out how to use all the new vehicles.

CTF is incredible! The new xloc is very nice...hopefully the hardcore ctf'ers like it as well.

Comment

I'm really enjoying it.
                  Honestly the demo started to bore me.. (never much of a ctf-er) but after i picked it up early this afternoon and hopped into the server i was having a blast.

One more thing about the orbs. apparently if you ahve an orb, and you stand near one of your own nodes you shield it.

that is.. till someone gets wise and starts shooting you

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
                    The Epic guys are business people, and I can assure they listen to feedback and care more about their customers than any other game company.

Well, like I said I'm sure CliffyB and the rest are working on the first patch now. They probably felt they needed to make Black Friday for sales purposes. Can't really fault a business for that kind of decision, but it is still disappointing.

However, if they fix the major problems in the first patch, it should be pretty good. I don't like the maps as much as ONS, but with some fixes, the gameplay will be very similar.

-Rand

P.S. Rand demands faster turret slew speed for tanks! At least 80% of the ONS speed would be nice.

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I love it, the game play is definately more intense. To me the maps seem very small, or I'm just covering ground faster with the hover board. They Levi is awesome. Now I just have to hit the send button on my Newegg order so I can get out of this <20 fps nightmare. Cant wait to see what kind of strategies come out of these new maps.
                      Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Well crud... Game isn't on the shelf's yet at my location.

This is actually a good business decision bt Epic to release it before
                        Thanksgiving holidays.

1. Lots of shoppers to buy the game if it is on the store shelves.
                        2. Most people are off on holiday or vacation, and have time to play
                        3. Even though it isn't "Tweaked", it introduces the game, and gets
                        people involved and buying it.
                        4. Beats the other major game releases, thus getting a huge majority
                        of the people that were bored with the same ole stuff that they were
                        playing.
                        5. Once "Hooked", most people won't ditch it to go play the other
                        releases, because they will want to play with their New/Old friends.
                        Or, at least they should have UT3 as their Main game to play.

I'm actually very happy that this was released before the other major
                        competitors did theirs. It should build a strong player base to weather the
                        storm of desertions that any new major game release will generate.

Now I just need to find the dang game somewhere.
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Well, it didn't beat the other major releases--Gears of War pc, Crysis, Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band, and Mass Effect all hit stores first; and I can't think of a single top tier game that's due out after today prior to the end of the year.

And I'm not so sure about this particular weekend for folks seeing it on the shelf and going for it. Especially on Friday--people have lists and complex planned networks of friends hitting all the stores with specific targets in mind. Unless the line in a store works through the aisle and they're looking at it in boredom, chances are the goal is to get in, and get out.

-Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                            complex planned networks of friends hitting all the stores with specific targets in mind
                            OMG, teamwork?
                            --Slaughter

Comment

I'm talking the Multi player games.
                              Those others are SP's. Good for a change of pace IMO, but
                              they don't give you the HIGH that it does with a Multi.

But then again, that's just me. When there aren't any CLR's playing,
                              and I didn't want to play with visitors on the 2142 server that wouldn't
                              talk, I'd go SP or WOW. There is NO beating a good teamwork game
                              when it is full bore.
                              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X