Sympathy For Cobalt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sympathy For Cobalt

I was playing Donner and was lagging bad. I looked and noticed I had a 600 ping for that map. I was sniping and getting owned. Cobalt just laughed at me when I mentioned I knew how he felt.
    I think we will be in trouble when he gets back to the states.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Big pings stink. I get them frequently and I feel your pain.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

that was some funny stuff... I looked at your ping and got a good chuckle. I said to my self welcome to my world.

You learn to adjust but its hard. My passion for having fun outweighs me being the suck. So I try.

But i kinda wish every one for at least 5 minutes had to deal with it at least once, and I'm sure most have had too.

I"ll probably just start watchin like I said in an earlier post. Its not worth me bringing down the team with the amount of deaths I get. Plus, I cant really help watchin anybodies back.. I'd get us both killed.
      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

ive got an average ping of 160, many lag spikes, (these make folks appear and disappear all the time for me thats how some of you that shoot at me might see me standing still looking at you doing nothing when in actual fact i have just emptied an entire clip into you but i die first , its even the cause of my many suicides with nades ). i even get mega pings of 1000 and 2000 but not very often luckily for me cos that is no fun i just have to find a spot to hide till it goes down again since it takes 30 seconds to take one step.

but all that aside i play for fun too and its funny when i get the upper hand on all those high pingers .

you should do what i do just rush rush rush even in death you are showing others that there is someone around that corner .

Comment

you should do what i do just rush rush rush even in death you are showing others that there is someone around that corner

Ah, I got it. recon by death.. makes sense if you're gonna die anyway.

From now on I'll lead the way. Just watch which direction the blood splatters and you got em..

Thats funny but in Cod. you could actually do that.
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

i dont have a very high ping but i do the same thing i normally just rush and spray and prey i kill them be for they kill me.

Comment

DoD is pretty good at ping balancing I noticed when my ping was really bad on the last server we had.

The hiccup-skips were just insane, but yeah, I dont know how Cobalt does it.

Comment

The hiccup-skips were just insane, but yeah, I dont know how Cobalt does it.
                Rule #1, never shoot where they are, shoot where they are goin.

Comment

Whats the #2 rule Cobalt?

Pray?

Comment

Good for me that my ping is always good and not fluctuating like 600!!! :P not as much a 5ms but getting normal ping of 25 to 50ms wich suit me fine.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSamovar View Post
                      Good for me that my ping is always good and not fluctuating like 600!!! :P not as much a 5ms but getting normal ping of 25 to 50ms wich suit me fine.
                      Red, you probably dont know it but 600 is constant
                      I'm not in the US. I'm in Iraq. Wont be home til after the end of the year.

whats rule #2
                      Recon, Rule # 2 is fall down dead with style.

But the dilemma is most of the time #1 never comes into play first, so #2 should actually be #1 and #1 should really be #3 which is stay out of the way, and #1 and #3 sometimes............man i think I went too far with this.

All you gotta know is I die alot.

out.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                        Red, you probably dont know it but 600 is constant
                        I'm not in the US. I'm in Iraq. Wont be home til after the end of the year.

Recon, Rule # 2 is fall down dead with style.

But the dilemma is most of the time #1 never comes into play first, so #2 should actually be #1 and #1 should really be #3 which is stay out of the way, and #1 and #3 sometimes............man i think I went too far with this.

All you gotta know is I die alot.

out.
                        ACTUALLY- I understand this one pretty well.

SOMETIMES Cobalt will die and then register the kill.

LOL.

Comment

ACTUALLY- I understand this one pretty well.

SOMETIMES Cobalt will die and then register the kill.
                          Thats exactly what I was tryin to say.

Hammy

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X