Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TF2 Sniper update - toss your bodily fluids !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TF2 Sniper update - toss your bodily fluids !!

EWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58723

Some crazy stuff coming out for these updates. I have played under 40 minutes TOTAL as a Sniper, but decided to be a waste to my team and try it last night. Holy crap, what an overpowering class in an open map !! I am not that good, but managed to go 22-6 on a wide open map with chokepoint doorways.

Let mesay that I will be playing Sniper a bit more, if only to douse pesky Spies with my urine.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

That will get some laughs

I need to try this new update now.

Comment

Spies and snipers are being updated today, so expect servers to be packed with both classes this weekend.

May I say this is a great time to play pyro?
      Last edited by Tuqui-tuqui; 21 May 2009, 12:31 PM.
      [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

Pyro update ? They were already updated. Do you mean the Spy and Sniper ?

Spy gets a lot of stuff, with that huge Ambassador hand cannon, and the perma-cloak whilst standing still among other things.

Sniper gets the Huntsman bow, Jarate and the Razorback shield, which effectively makes him as dangerous as a Pyro to a Spy.

It will get ugly if everyone goes Spy and Sniper, but most servers have set a maximum amount on each class, so you won't see 5+ of any class (at least on a server set up properly).

Sniper was easy pickings for a Spy until the updates, but what people fail to remember is, you have to EARN these updates. I sorta wish Valve would allow the updates to be acquired by anyone instead of making people seek out achievement servers to get the updates faster than guys who slog it out for hours in a serious effort to earn them.
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
          Pyro update ? They were already updated. Do you mean the Spy and Sniper ?

Spy gets a lot of stuff, with that huge Ambassador hand cannon, and the perma-cloak whilst standing still among other things.

Sniper gets the Huntsman bow, Jarate and the Razorback shield, which effectively makes him as dangerous as a Pyro to a Spy.

It will get ugly if everyone goes Spy and Sniper, but most servers have set a maximum amount on each class, so you won't see 5+ of any class (at least on a server set up properly).

Sniper was easy pickings for a Spy until the updates, but what people fail to remember is, you have to EARN these updates. I sorta wish Valve would allow the updates to be acquired by anyone instead of making people seek out achievement servers to get the updates faster than guys who slog it out for hours in a serious effort to earn them.

You are right, it was the spy and snipers. Corrected myself there

Valve has said that they are trying to get rid of unlocks via achievements. And I believe they already have, though I am still not clear on how we get the new weapons

Comment

Good news there, Tuqui !!!
            It will probably be delivered via a Steam update, so you may have some players that are in-game when the updates roll out, and then someone joining an hour later will have the new items. It will be a bit wonky, but it beats the slogging through an unfamiliar class just to gain the extras.

I knew how to play Pyro very well, so gaining those was a cinch, but I have 2x the time played from Pyro class to the next class, so any other class would be a serious chore for me.

I have played 29 minutes as a Heavy

Comment

I basically only play as a sniper as it is...now the class will be considered "useful" and will probably be full all the time now
              Motivate

Comment

I just play for the Fun of the game beacause it is more Fun than Cod at the moment.

Comment

http://www.shacknews.com/screenshots...4049&id=135315

Comment

Post the link to the main site next time http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_spy/

Just updated and just like every update all servers are just full of spies and snipers farming achivements, guess I'll wait till tomorrow to have any fun in this game.

Also
                    Originally posted by TF2 Update
                    General

You now find new and old items as you play, instead of through achievements
                    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/guile787][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/1/guile787.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Its also a free weekend, so what did you expect to find on the pub servers ??

Took me 30 minutes just to get in a game last night.

Comment

the new achievements (weapons) unlocks is bogus.
                        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

....great i spend all of yesterday trying to get the achievements to unlock the weaps (in a NON achievement farming server) and it turns out they are drops instead of achievements.... way to ruin a great unlock system valve.....
                          (Im still gonna play until i get all of them but.....I REALLY DO NOT LIKE THE NEW SYSTEM)

My rant for today!^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmie2 View Post
                            ....great i spend all of yesterday trying to get the achievements to unlock the weaps (in a NON achievement farming server) and it turns out they are drops instead of achievements.... way to ruin a great unlock system valve.....
                            (Im still gonna play until i get all of them but.....I REALLY DO NOT LIKE THE NEW SYSTEM)

My rant for today!^^^
                            the game is a blast

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rain View Post
                              the game is a blast
                              The game is a blast! Yes it is!

The new unlock system? Not so much It is based on luck (I was playing a medic after servers restarted and I got the Ambassador 5 minutes after I started playing I even got the backburner even though I already own it)

Though I must admit, I hope I get lucky and I get the bow and arrow. That thing looks so schweet!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X