Any Chance of a TF2 Sever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Chance of a TF2 Sever

Cain is they any chance of putting up a TF2 sever ?
    Last edited by Ghost_Rain; 24 May 2009, 02:48 AM.

Inquiring minds want to know !
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

TF2 Server.... TOTALY FOR IT!!!
      Lets get some support here!

Comment

i would sure like it but i have to say no because it would take most of the people to start off dod as it would to start tf2. so noo. i want my dod server full and fun.
        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by RuThLeSsKiLLa View Post
          i would sure like it but i have to say no because it would take most of the people to start off dod as it would to start tf2. so noo. i want my dod server full and fun.
          Like last night.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Last night was AWSOME. The server was full almost all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Reconsnipe1 View Post
              Last night was AWSOME. The server was full almost all night.
              Ok lets see would you like a sever for DODs which is empty most of the Day and some of the Night or A TF2 Sever which is Full 24/7 ?
              Last edited by Ghost_Rain; 31 May 2009, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Only problem is that DODS realy isnt bringing new members into the lair. Its an old game with a pretty sound fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy
                  the truth is that we have AGD- attention gamers disorder-

every 3 months we want a different game.

i play with quite a few people from this community in Tf2, and frankly, this community cant really support the admin requirements that running multiple games requires.

TF2 will just throw a haymaker into the mix.

i dont think the admin part is a big problem, sure we need more admins but i mean what the point of having admins if u got no players to admin on??. we need more members/people in general to start a several servers.
                  Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
                    Only problem is that DODS realy isnt bringing new members into the lair. Its an old game with a pretty sound fan base.
                    I myself find DOD very boring prefer newer games.

Comment

I can remember when Cain had 4 Servers running and admining was not a problem. This was before most of y'alls time.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Simple idea is the Report a jerk section.
                        Have some people 'trained' to be new admins, or enthuse old ones to return.

Another idea that free's CLR from admin problems, two ways of going about it...
                        1. Declare someone elses server a meeting place for CLR.
                        2. Since CLR is a community have everyone join a different clan with its own server. i know hammy's rocking a =e= im guessing for tf2 seeming that i've seen others with it.

Comment

Anyone gonna reply to this post its been a week

Comment

We just need more people playing regularly. We have a ton of members compared to some clans with only a few hundred but those hundred play almost daily so the server is always packed.

Since it is a community some people just play a round or two and decide they like the server and sign up which is fine but does not help the problem with the empty server.

Comment

If we got one going I would do some mass advirtising, in a little while im going to be putting up another tag on my name b/c im becdoming an admin for a tf2 server. I am "in training" atm, they are testing me on noticing bots and such.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X