No Disc Needed (After Install)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Disc Needed (After Install)

See the subject line-you don't need to have a disc in a drive to play the game. Woohoo! Once you install the game, you can tuck it safely away.

-Rand

P.S. On a completely unrelated topic, according to their leaderboard, I'm currently 88th overall in the world, apparently in mixed modes. I don't expect to ever see anything close to that again, since I won't have the time or desire to play as much as I have the last day or so, and I end up playing about a quarter as much as many of you guys. If any of you actually care about the stats though, best of luck in gaining some points, and I'll be cheering you on to pass that number.

To me though, stats in general, and UT stats in particular, don't mean much. I finished my ONS career in the top 20 for ONSers, but it was really rather random how they did the ELO system.

Now I'm just hanging out, looking forward to more CLRs and other regs, and increasing teamwork overall. It's a good time to be a regular at Cain's Hiz-ouse!
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Great news. Just like 2K4 after the first patch iirc. Well done Epic.

Comment

At least we didn't have to wait for a patch for this!
      --Slaughter

Comment

Terrific !!

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
          Great news. Just like 2K4 after the first patch iirc. Well done Epic.
          what does that mean?

Comment

in ut2k4 they didnt have this feature at first. It came after the first patch. What this also means is expect to see it on ebay real fast once people figure this out. Just saying.... its probably gonna happen.

Comment

you don't need the disk in your drive to play now

edit: ftr, i've had every unreal game from release since the UT99. this is the first one i remember being like this.

Comment

Re: No Disc Needed (After Install)

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}

P.S. On a completely unrelated topic, according to their leaderboard, I'm currently 88th overall in the world, apparently in mixed modes. I don't expect to ever see anything close to that again, since I won't have the time or desire to play as much as I have the last day or so, and I end up playing about a quarter as much as many of you guys. If any of you actually care about the stats though, best of luck in gaining some points, and I'll be cheering you on to pass that number.
                Where are the leaderboards?

Edit: Durr they are under Community. TOO MANY MENUS IN THIS CRAPPY UI

Comment

Originally posted by Syrinxx
                  Originally posted by Rand{CLR}

Where are the leaderboards?

Edit: Durr they are under Community. TOO MANY MENUS IN THIS CRAPPY UI
                  Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!
                    Thanks I'm new to the boards although I've been on Cain's Lair servers since UT99. Rand has probably killed me 1000 times!!

{BoD}Syrinxx / [BoD]Syrinxx

Comment

Hummm. That MIGHT actually get me to buy the game. I try to reward publishing companies that DON'T require a CD to play. Everyone knows it doesn't do ANYTHING to keep piracy down, so why punish the people that actually bought the game and supported the company?

Comment

Originally posted by Syrinxx
                        Welcome!
                        Thanks I'm new to the boards although I've been on Cain's Lair servers since UT99. Rand has probably killed me 1000 times!!

{BoD}Syrinxx / [BoD]Syrinxx
                        Nice to be remembered. Welcome to the forums.

-Rand
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X