Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone having trouble connecting? (to Cains that is)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone having trouble connecting? (to Cains that is)

Wednesday I don't think I had a chance to play all day, so i'm not sure if its something that happened then, but on tuesday i did not have any trouble whatsoever. However today, thrusday, I tried to hop into the server.
    Right when it was about time for the loading screen to go away and for it to display the game itself my screen went black.

It was almost as if my comp locked up. I couldn't alt tab out, but i could hit the power button and have the comp shut down that way (not the emergency shutoff where you hold the button, normal shutdown)

I checked instant action, and it loads fine.
    I checked another server (i think one of the epic/midway ones), no problems.

I notice one of the servers says Beta Patch.. and thats the only different thing i see. Is that messing me up some how? (i'm not trying to log into the one that says beta patch, i'm trying to use the other one).

I got the same thing tonight, just freezes on Cain's fine every where else.
    Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Hmmm...

1) Which server are you having problems connecting to Warfare or Number 2 ??

What exactly happens ??

I need to get that fixed as soon as I can, if I can...

Thx for the feedback.

You two guys PM me please.

Comment

the problem has reappeared.
        same exact conditions as before.
        Instant action is fine.
        connecting to other servers is fine.
        connecting to cains...
        right about when the map should finish loading, i get nada.
        just a black screen.
        at this point i can either hit my power button to send the shutdown command, or even hit control alt delete to bring up the task manager. (when i bring up the task manager though, my entire screen displays in what appears to be three colors, black, white, and a dark blue.. weird)

oh, and one thing, it is reporting as full well enough. The last time i tried to connect someone must have connected between when i hit search and tried to connect, and i got the server at capacity message fine.
        I refreshed the server browser and sure enough it was reading 32/32

and no, i don't have the beta patch installed. I'll do that when its officially released, not when everyone just knows how to find it :P

Comment

Now i'm really confused. I jsut connected.
          Maybe i have bad luck and every time i previous tried to join it was right when maps changed or something?
          either way.. i'm going to take advantage and play while i'm actually connected

Comment

tracert it prehaps when this happens?
            [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I had a hell of a time yesterday with any server/gamemode, not just the Lair. First, when I tried to play early, I couldn't connect to anything at all--UT3 itself would just stop working and give me the "this program has stopped working" Windows error message. So I had to reinstall.

When I was reinstalled, it worked, but I kept timing out to servers on other gamemodes in between rounds. This was pretty much every map change.

Later, when I went into the Lair for Warfare, I crashed to desktop at least once.

Lag was universal yesterday--didn't matter what server I was on, I was lagging worse than usual, particularly at the beginning of rounds. There's little worse that moving for about 3 seconds, then running into a bout of lag so bad that you literally cannot do anything but pull the hands away from keyboard and mouse and wait for the game to catch up.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Well, my friends list is gone and I can't find the Cains Lair in the server browser...
                Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Same hear can not find the sever

Comment

Thx for letting me know..

I just rebooted it !!

-- Cain

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                      by Apache Warrior
                      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                    • Reply to 6 years
                      by Sirex
                      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                      Just hit 2.5K miles...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                      by Sirex
                      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                      by Sirex
                      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                      by Sirex
                      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                    Working...
                    X