Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has The Max Player Increase, Increased Idiots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has The Max Player Increase, Increased Idiots?

Is it me or has the number of crappy players that join the server increased since the maximum players on the server was increased?

I'm guessing crappy players like larger servers. I swear that the amount of times I've had my own teammates watch me die has been through the roof lately.

I think my top 3 have to be when a teammate watches the enemy shoot me just so they can get the kill (they usually end up getting owned too) and watching an idiot cross in front my gunfire (in the middle of a fire fight). This is probably also oriented too kill stealing. Last, but not least, having an idiot walk to me while I"m trying to be sneaky and continue to strafe back and forth so EVERYONE can see where he is. Of course I get shot instead of him.

Anyone else notice the quantity of idiots increase?

Just a rant.
    Nauticas

Sometimes, but we also meet new folks and make new friends...

Appreciate the good folks, ignore the jerks, or better yet, kill the jerks - and laugh !!

Comment

It has increased, but it's only because of the fact there is now more slots and we're more popular. However the great people always outnumber the idiots.

Comment

If you give them (Asshats) attention they will stay. Ignore them and they will leave
        If you give them an example, they might change.
        But if you get it in your head that the server is full of idiots, you'll definitely have less fun.

Get friendly with your Player Mute function.
        Get used to ignoring the text chat at the left ( I sometimes wish I could turn it off), the idiots usually are in there because their mommy would have their head if they knew they were saying fur-gina over an over.

Play towards the map goals and your own achievements, and the added emphasis will shift your energy from filtering out distractions to completing your goals.

Just a few pieces of advice that help me out in game. THAT and shooting Apache, Scooter, or Cain. The simple things in life
        Last edited by Hammy; 18 Jun 2009, 05:36 PM. Reason: Clarifying the Asshats and how to get them to leave.

Comment

Comment

Well said Hammy.

I've seen too many people of late (CLRs none the less) moan about things in the server. If you lead by example, and your example is negative, you will encourage a similar response in other people.

So while there are a bunch of new players in the game, not all are bad. Some of the lamest players from the past have stuck around and have become great community members.

The ones who are here to get achievements or a great score, well, thats how they roll, so its all good. Just makes me work harder to cap our flags.
            [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
            So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Get used to ignoring the text chat at the left ( I sometimes wish I could turn it off),
              Ask Cain about me and this.
              Hammy is correct. I find that the new players really appreciate any help and encouragement you give them. They will be back and will become good community members.
              The jerks and asshats are out for attention. If you ignore them they will leave and look for easier pickings. Our players come back because of the friendly and encouraging atmosphere.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Some of the lamest players from the past have stuck around and have become great community members.
                i admit it, i was lamed (in my young yrs)but u didn't have to tell everybody. :
                Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

If you look up the definition of lame in the dictionary, you'll see my picture.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                    If you look up the definition of lame in the dictionary, you'll see my picture.
                    You'll find that your current picture is next to 'ping'.

Comment

My ping was higher than Cobalts last night. The lowest I saw it was 969.
                      I think it had to have been something between me and the server. I seem to be fine right now. Last night I did a speed test and I was downloading slower than I was uploading. I was under 128kbps for downloading.
                      Needless to say I did not play last night.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X