Furniture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furniture

Sorry all but have a problem with shooting furniture too block doorways etc. on a few maps that gives a certain advantage to that team. If it is legal, Let me see it in written in stone that you can do that with the furniture?

It's impossible to get too the areas when this happens meaning unable too capture the flags that it takes to win! And it only benefits one team & not the other! But hey If that is what its all about K.
    Last edited by Todd98; 21 Jun 2009, 08:16 PM.

normally you can move the furniture with you gun by shotting it some of the other stuff thats bigger u need a bigger gun for ie the piano on ava in the yellow building can be moved but needs either bazooka or mg to move it or a nade. also there is always multiple ways to a flag so i dont see a prob with it.

Comment

Are you talking about the piano in Avalanche ?

Comment

Thats the only piece of furniture that I know of that can make a major difference.

But its not the only way to cap a flag. I've had 2 MGers camping behind there, killed them with 1 nade, and then moved the piano myself out of the way. Its an obstacle, yeah, but nothing that makes a flag uncapable.

Nothing illegal in my eyes...

Is there some other piece of furniture that can be moved??
        [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
        So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Sorry All But I feel that its wrong like on the Anzio map and other maps that taking the furniture and blocking the only way that a team on either side can use.

I watched a player on the US Team & Axis Team spend more time in shooting the furniture too block the entrance so that there is only one way that the US or German team can get through to take the flags.

I and others have used guns, bazookas, etc, to try and move the furniture out of the way with no good results and you cannot jump over the furniture so the enemy knows which way you must go

I believe its to every teams advantage that we should have all options available to all teams to be able to win a game and not limited to a certain path that must be taken in order to win a game.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter View Post
            normally you can move the furniture with you gun by shotting it some of the other stuff thats bigger u need a bigger gun for ie the piano on ava in the yellow building can be moved but needs either bazooka or mg to move it or a nade. also there is always multiple ways to a flag so i dont see a prob with it.
            Hey scooter, Only if you are on a team that the map benefits that team the most by doing that. The US Team does not have that option on Anzio although the US Team could but that option is not in the church as you may see were i am going with this.

Not crying about it but it does make a difference.

Comment

I hear you on that it is anoyin that they spend more time shooting furniture then they do actually being productive but there is no way to stop ppl from doing it the furniture was put in to dods to make it more real like considering the small items (chair, tables,ect) break apart once u hit them where as other stuff doesnt.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter View Post
                I hear you on that it is anoyin that they spend more time shooting furniture then they do actually being productive but there is no way to stop ppl from doing it the furniture was put in to dods to make it more real like considering the small items (chair, tables,ect) break apart once u hit them where as other stuff doesnt.
                Thank You Scooter +1, I am with you 100% You are great asset to the community.

Comment

I just fell that it robs both sides competitive playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd98 View Post
                    I just fell that it robs both sides competitive playing.
                    It helps the team as much as staying at first flag and shooting walls. It happens but, you do the best you can to deal with it.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                      It helps the team as much as staying at first flag and shooting walls. It happens but, you do the best you can to deal with it.
                      Apache
                      +1

Out of all the rounds i've played on the server.... which is a hell of a lot right now, i've seen it happen probably less than 5 times. It is very rare that people move furniture to block doorways.

Comment

thanks for the idea todd jkjk it can be cheap but it also limits the other team remember...

Comment

Those who would be camping the opening created by the blocked furniture aren't being too productive.

But its their choice should they want to camp there. A good primed nade could take care of them. Make your way around and enter the way they are entering the building, kill them, grab their MG and then camp their opening for a few mins.

Its a great feeling to kill a camper. I've seen people camp with an MG in the oddest places... sometimes camping our 1st flag even though it is not in jeopardy.
                          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                            +1

Out of all the rounds i've played on the server.... which is a hell of a lot right now, i've seen it happen probably less than 5 times. It is very rare that people move furniture to block doorways.
                            We dont re-code games at Cains Lair. So the fact that these objects are mobile in the game is a consideration.

In addition to that, there are considerations such as proving who moved the furniture- IMPOSSIBLE to manage.

And finally, Day of Defeat is a realism game, which means that you will have to overcome the problem and move on or not play.

We should also not be telling people who put furniture up that we are going to start being annoying. Just my view on things.

Comment

i think that using furniture to block a path/doorway its a pain, i agree but its also to be use as part of the game, its the source engine that allows you to move/destroy any objects to your advantage. In someway i see it as a strategy to help your team win a round by blocking off the enemy run path. my 2cents.

i seen and done this a few maps, i wont name it, but avalanche aint the only map
                              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X