Your Warfare thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Warfare thoughts

Warfare is awesome. The orb keeps the game fast paced and your fingers white knuckled. Had some really awesome rounds tonight with some other veteran ONSers who look like they are adapting quite well.

At first I was kind of eheheheh but now I'm starting to get it. ONS played a lot like a controlled chess game. Get to this node first, put the Hellbender behind that tree, lay 50 spider-mines over there, perch the tank on that ridge, ect. The game play is more free form and abstract. Warefare is definately more chaotic and breaks the ONS lather, rinse, repeat game play.

The game right now definately feels a lot more balanced than traditional ONS as well.

So how's everyone liking it?
    Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

I like it too bud, but at present there are very few folks playing it, unfortunately.

Comment

I love it. It's basically ONS with a twist. It's taken me a while to get used to the maps, even the new Torlan.

You'll be seeing me in the server whenever i have free time.

Comment

I love the gameplay but the new maps are too small. I miss Redplanet and Dria and Crossfire. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by slinky317
          I love the gameplay but the new maps are too small. I miss Redplanet and Dria and Crossfire. :-(
          The mod teams will hopefully fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
            Highly doubt that as the engine doesn't seem to be that powerful on todays machines. Framerates really drop easily, even on smaller maps.
            Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu
              Highly doubt that as the engine doesn't seem to be that powerful on todays machines. Framerates really drop easily, even on smaller maps.
              No framerate problems here. And why would the FPS counter make the modders stay away?

Comment

The best large map is useless if people on midrange systems can't play it.

I turned everything down to low. And the game still feels worse than Crysis in terms of framerate.
                Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

And why would the FPS counter make the modders stay away?
                  Obviously a few have not played some of my maps for DM/TAM on 2004, was one thats real fun, lots of paths and stuff. Real pretty, and its a FPS monster at some parts of the map lmao
                  It was well played too lol

If its fun, and great people will play it no matter what.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                  ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I turned everything down to low. And the game still feels worse than Crysis in terms of framerate.
                    Woah! Are you sure it isn't Vista causing you these problems? I have the same Gfx card as you but mine is the 320mb version and i get smooth framerates at 1680x1050 with both sliders set to #4.

Comment

Woah! Are you sure it isn't Vista causing you these problems? I have the same Gfx card as you but mine is the 320mb version and i get smooth framerates at 1680x1050 with both sliders set to #4.

I was just about to say that, 4x AA 8800gt Full settings with all the bloom on and my computer is kicking is Butt with 50-60 fps. I suspect your problems are not the game Grisu.

MD

Comment

I guess I should try installing it on my XP boot to see if this helps out with my issues. That could take a while because I havent updated anything on XP in several months but it would be interesting to see if it helps.
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

The retail version plays so much better than the demo for me. I have both sliders on 2 and I'm getting 30+ fps occasionally dipping into the 20's with intense action. And when I put both on 1 (which still looks pretty good to me) I'm getting 50+ and thats on my agp based system.
                          Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns
                            The retail version plays so much better than the demo for me. I have both sliders on 2 and I'm getting 30+ fps occasionally dipping into the 20's with intense action. And when I put both on 1 (which still looks pretty good to me) I'm getting 50+ and thats on my agp based system.
                            I agree, the game runs better for me in retail.

I've got a core 2 duo @ 3ghz, ati 1950xt on xp and my framerate is solid 40+ (20's when it gets rough)

I've got texture on 5, and world on 1 with muted post processing (game looks better without it imo!)
                            Last edited by Rand{CLR}; 26 Oct 2008, 02:44 PM. Reason: Language--Rand

Comment

Anyone know how to use the Necris Scavenger with any degree of success? This is the one vehicle I haven't quite figured out yet. Seems difficult to turn, and the little "nano" probe thing that floats around it doesn't seem to do much on the few times I've been able to deploy it properly.

-Rand
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X