X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running a similar system?

AMD 64 (SCore) 3800+
    Grey Mouse
    Silver Case (yet to put on go-faster stripes)
    2GB RAM
    ATI 1900 series XTX i think... 256mb... not sure i forgot this info...
    XP Pro
    Cream Keyboard with navy blue trims
    XFI Extreme Music
    Black power cable
    Yellow 100mb Eth Cable
    surge protection (obviously )

If so how does it fare and how does it look? the beta demo was not that good in high player counts, i did better with offline bots than online players for FPS etc)

(lmao at specs)

ps i forgot to add in, my speakers are black and grey do you think it will effect it much?

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Sorry mate, My System is

Q6000 Quad Core 2.40mhz
    2 Gig of DDR2 800mhz cosair xms
    8800GT EVGA SuperOverclocked 512 Meg
    500 Gig Seagate Barracuda HD 32meg Cache#
    CoolerMaster Centuren Case Black
    22" Acer WideScreen monitor
    Microsoft Bussiness Keyboard
    G5 Laser Mouse.
    Creative lab 5.1 Surrond Speakes
    Windows Vista Prim 32 bit.

Comment

Sirex.. It looks fine...

I'm going to check my FPS this morning on UT3 to see how she
      rolls. Last play time, I just was into survival mode. lol
      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Thanks DnG, new someone on here had a similar system setup just could not remember for the life of me who it was.

Be nice to know how it runs before i fork out for it and find out its like 2fps and i need a new gfx card again lmao, last thing i need is to spend money on pc parts atm.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex
          Thanks DnG, new someone on here had a similar system setup just could not remember for the life of me who it was.

Be nice to know how it runs before i fork out for it and find out its like 2fps and i need a new gfx card again lmao, last thing i need is to spend money on pc parts atm.
          I have spoke to a friend mate and he running amd 2800 single core and Nvida 256 7600gs card and 2 gig of memory and it runs really well mate so I can not see you having any problem with running the game mate.

Comment

I hope you didn't forget to put the speed handles on your silver case. They make it go fast. The case, that is, not the computer. I suppose you could cut some speed holes in your CPU if you really wanted to though, it should help a little...

Comment

Re: Anyone running a similar system?

Originally posted by Sirex
              AMD 64 (SCore) 3800+
              Grey Mouse
              Silver Case (yet to put on go-faster stripes)
              2GB RAM
              ATI 1900 series XTX i think... 256mb... not sure i forgot this info...
              XP Pro
              Cream Keyboard with navy blue trims
              XFI Extreme Music
              Black power cable
              Yellow 100mb Eth Cable
              surge protection (obviously )

If so how does it fare and how does it look? the beta demo was not that good in high player counts, i did better with offline bots than online players for FPS etc)

(lmao at specs)

ps i forgot to add in, my speakers are black and grey do you think it will effect it much?
              I have a 5200+, 2GB, X1900 Pro 512, XP MCE and I'm running at 1440x900 with the sliders at 4 or 5, and I have no problems at all graphically, although I haven't checked the actual framerate. It seems to be almost as high as my UT2k4 was on my old machine, which would put it in the 30-40 fps'es. With your gfx card I think you should have no problems. The XTX is a real pixel pusher, good for high res.

I would however do something about the power cord, everybody has black and they are so pass?. The yellow ethernet cable might compensate for it though.

Comment

I have a p4 3.0, 7950 GT, 2GB ram, a long grey ethernet, and standard power cord. I could run the demo maxed out online, only lagged when I hit a power line in a walker (damn physics calculations). Got around 30 fps

Also, black 5.1 surround sound speakers, maybe affected something.

Comment

LOL! Highly technical thread I see. Good luck with your rig there Sirex. I have a monster rig but UT3 keeps crashing so, what good is it? No racing stripes though.

Comment

Your system doesn't matter, cause the engine is bugged. So good luck!

P.S.: Ut3 runs worse than Crysis for me...
                    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X