PDA

View Full Version : Which is more fun ???

Cain
2nd Dec 2006, 11:00 PM
????

juneau
2nd Dec 2006, 11:10 PM
I'm about 60/40 towards Titan. It's a lot faster paced like the good ol' days of UT2K4.

Cain
2nd Dec 2006, 11:17 PM
I'm about 60/40 towards Titan. It's a lot faster paced like the good ol' days of UT2K4.

I agree !!!

It plays faster, much faster, more action than BF2 which I really like.

How can we convince our old ONS Buddies to give this game a fair chance ??

Any thoughts ??

juneau
2nd Dec 2006, 11:20 PM

I agree !!!

It plays faster, much faster, more action than BF2 which I really like.

How can we convince our old ONS Buddies to give this game a fair chance ??

Any thoughts ??

The old ONS buddies are a stubborn bunch (yes you know who you are :D ) I think it's just "appeal" that does it. I can play pretty much any FPS that's why i moved from UT2K4 to BF2, even though i knew it was going to be a different ball game and a lot slower.

All i can say is DEMO.

Cain
2nd Dec 2006, 11:21 PM
Maybe I can get them to watch this....

http://www.cainslair.com/bf2142_preview.htm

juneau
2nd Dec 2006, 11:27 PM

That should work a treat. It's one of the few intro videos i've seen that do the game justice, and show the game exactly how it is.

Cain
2nd Dec 2006, 11:29 PM

That should work a treat. It's one of the few intro videos i've seen that do the game justice, and show the game exactly how it is.

Everytime I watch that thing, it makes me wanna hop right into the game !!!

:2thumbs:

Maybe I'll send another Global e-mail out tomorrow...

goldenfooler
3rd Dec 2006, 02:15 AM
i put 50/50 but lean more towards conquest because well it takes more thinking to play it. Titan is more of a either sit on titan to get kills or just pod from one place to another getting silos. I think if they get rid of the titan guns and/or the titan pods it would make the game much different and place more strategy into the game

killa_zn
3rd Dec 2006, 02:18 AM
50/50
as goldenfooler said. titan might be less "random"

LIMEY
3rd Dec 2006, 07:18 AM
I enjoy Titan more but I went 50/50 as I go in the first server with a free spot, so either Cains conquest or Cains Titan!

BlackArrow
3rd Dec 2006, 11:28 AM
I'm about 60/40 towards Titan.

+1

ViTO
3rd Dec 2006, 11:37 AM
All i can say is DEMO.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Tuqui-tuqui
3rd Dec 2006, 12:06 PM
I prefer Conquest. To me it's more head-on than Titan and I can actually play it at a great rate.

Jeffro
3rd Dec 2006, 12:10 PM

Everytime I watch that thing, it makes me wanna hop right into the game !!!

:2thumbs:

Maybe I'll send another Global e-mail out tomorrow...

man dude i was just laying in bed hungover from a bachelor party and i watched that vid and its just like you said.... i wanna play now... see yall in there lol

Hawkeye426
3rd Dec 2006, 12:11 PM
I definatly prefer Titan you get more points and it is much faster paced, however the art of sniping has disappered :cry: and without my cobra i feel lonely.

goldenfooler
3rd Dec 2006, 01:23 PM
the problem with titan is points, You get them way to fast with defending/attacking. I don't think there should be team work score for defending or attacking the titans.

Dead...Again
3rd Dec 2006, 01:44 PM
Right now I am about 75% titan.

baller4life2468
3rd Dec 2006, 01:51 PM
It really depends on my mood. How come the conquest isnt working?

killa_zn
3rd Dec 2006, 01:52 PM
it works, i just got off it....

baller4life2468
3rd Dec 2006, 01:53 PM
oh...it doesnt for me..it says it generated an error?

Apache Warrior
3rd Dec 2006, 03:10 PM
however the art of sniping has disappered
No it hasn't. You just have to pick the time and place. When the other team is on high buildings. For example Silo 4 on Minsk, :D
Or defending the titan. Stand just inside corridor 3 or 4 and take out the people in the cargo bay.
Apache

ryanbatc
3rd Dec 2006, 06:51 PM
Hey guys, I only played the demo, but I enjoyed the titan demo more so than the conquest....i liked the fact that you can board the enemy titan and walk around inside, thats really neat...

My wife said I can get 2142 for Christmas!!! YAY! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Tails_Kitsune
3rd Dec 2006, 09:57 PM
I'd say I'm about 60/40 leaning towards Titan, as well. Titan is usually pretty enjoyable because of the fast-pace. However, when you've got an entire squad spamming nades down a corridor or 5 sentry guns lined up...it gets pretty annoying.

Most of the time, Titan is great. I find myself trying to log into the Titan server before the Conquest server.

killa_zn
3rd Dec 2006, 10:27 PM
I definatly prefer Titan you get more points and it is much faster paced, however the art of sniping has disappered :cry: and without my cobra i feel lonely.
pfft, go back in time, cuz the cobra is OBSOLETE! gunships dominate now..( since theyre like what? the only "attack" air vehicle?)

goldenfooler
3rd Dec 2006, 10:29 PM
sorry but the cobra was so much better of a setup. The attack flier now sucks balls(and not in the good way).

obscurehero
3rd Dec 2006, 11:22 PM
sorry but the cobra was so much better of a setup. The attack flier now sucks balls(and not in the good way).

in the good way :? ...

why am I even thinking about that... :( :roll: :shock:

Cain
4th Dec 2006, 04:37 AM
I'd say I'm about 60/40 leaning towards Titan, as well. Titan is usually pretty enjoyable because of the fast-pace. However, when you've got an entire squad spamming nades down a corridor or 5 sentry guns lined up...it gets pretty annoying.

Most of the time, Titan is great. I find myself trying to log into the Titan server before the Conquest server.

My squads yesterday won every round, without boarding the Titan.

You can kick the other team's butt by controlling the missle silos and pounding the other Titan with missles.

LIMEY
4th Dec 2006, 07:27 AM

My squads yesterday won every round, without boarding the Titan.

You can kick the other team's butt by controlling the missle silos and pounding the other Titan with missles.

Yeah this is what you have to do now people have figured out the consta grenade fest in the corridors.......a good way to depend the titan!

Rand{CLR}
4th Dec 2006, 07:38 AM
I had a CLR squad yesterday and we tried to go defense. Then we noticed that despite numerous chat messages to the team that we had the titan defense and they should go attack or get silos, realized nobody was doing anything else. :P

Those kind of games are frustrating, when you know you have the only squad that can do anything, and you finally have to pull them off to do other things. People need to realize how important silos are, or that they can in fact like, attack, the other titan.

At one point yesterday I switched from D to attack, and I single-handedly destroyed two consoles in less than a minute after boarding their titan. Kind of irritating when you have times like that, and you team could have easily won but nobody was bothering to attack anything. They want the easy points that come with nade spamming on defense, and just hanging out near the cargo hold on D in general.

-Rand

P.S. The nade spamming is definitely getting worse. I think the expansion should include a couple of things we have available TODAY. I'm thinking fiber optic cameras, and those guns that can shoot around corners while keeping you safe. :2thumbs:

Slaughter
4th Dec 2006, 08:30 AM
The old ONS buddies are a stubborn bunch (yes you know who you are :D )

:P

Dead...Again
4th Dec 2006, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I've gotten to the point that half the time I just spend the entire round taking/defending silos. Last night I spent about half a round defending a single silo. People forget that the silos are still important after the titans' shields are down.
Also, I hate attacking the enemy titan now. Seems like its just:
a. pod over to titan
b. run inside titan
c. get killed
d. goto a

:)

killa_zn
4th Dec 2006, 05:37 PM

ahh but see this.. if the cobra were to fight against the gunship

ChrisWW11
4th Dec 2006, 06:06 PM

ahh but see this.. if the cobra were to fight against the gunship
...the cobra would win

killa_zn
4th Dec 2006, 06:23 PM
o c'mon! gunship has speed over the cobra, plus do some things that the cobra could possibly do.
and give the gunship some slack! unlike the gunship, the cobra was created NOT by game designers, but from real people who tested and improved it after YEARS of experimenting.

Thrashdragon
4th Dec 2006, 09:16 PM
I'm 50/50. Titan is usually faster paced but it occasionally gets repetitive. It is more dependent on the quality of your team and the opponent's team.

Conquest is more map dependent, though. I LOVE some of the Conquest maps, but I also hate some of them. And some of them are great when the battle is goin your way, and horrible when the enemy rolls your uncap right at the start. Belgrade and Fall of Berlin both have this problem. But once you break out, they are a blast.

CarbonFire
5th Dec 2006, 01:27 AM
I'm about 80/20 Conquest/Titan in terms of enjoyment. I REALLY liked the Titan mode back when the Demo was released, but since all of the unlocks have come into play and people have learned all the exploits, I can hardly stand it anymore. I do have some good Titan games here and there, but then someone exploits the Titan (Core destroyed before shields down) and the fun level just plummets. Or the increadible amount of APM spam that usually goes on, or the constant grenade spamming.....etc.

IMO, with all the people generally camping the Titans, "Titan mode" becomes Conquest with giant floating bases. Which is why I just skip the camping part and go straight to Conquest mode most of the time.

And about the Gunship....yes, the missles are a little weaker, but they do heat-seek a little now (against air targets) and the Active Shielding is an upgrade from the flair system. If you flew a cobra in BF2142, the AA+EMP missles would have you eating dirt within seconds of takeoff. Now the TVGM was a lot better on it then the current version, but the number and the range of the current AA turrets makes almost any air power inert.

CWOJackD
5th Dec 2006, 10:17 PM
I'm about 60/40 towards Titan.

+1

+1