Do we want a COD4 server ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we want a COD4 server ??

Since the description of the COD4 forum asks this, thought it'd be nice to get a clear poll of what people think.

I for one really think I'm going to buy this game, but 100% sure if Cain adds a server.

I don't play quake wars much because no Cain's Lair people

Does it still cost $250 dollars to run a server for a month?
    yes
    0%
    no
    0%

1) Let's hold off on buying the game if we don't already have it. I'll be talking to our folks who already own COD4 and evaluating the game over the next week or so.

2) I can run a server for COD-4 for "FREE" on my existing hardware, and LS bandwidth.

3) What about COD2 or COD ?? Do any of you folks have that or are you playing it ?? Although I prefer newer games.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
      1) Let's hold off on buying the game if we don't already have it. I'll be talking to our folks who already own COD4 and evaluating the game over the next week or so.

2) I can run a server for COD-4 for "FREE" on my existing hardware, and LS bandwidth.

3) What about COD2 or COD ?? Do any of you folks have that or are you playing it ?? Although I prefer newer games.
      The only thing close to DOD for WWII combat is COD with the Heat Of Battle mod. I played this mod a lot before coming over to Cain's DOD server.

http://www.heatofbattle.net/
      A change of Pace.
      "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I vote yes, I don't have the game but I have played at a friends computer and is very nice you need to play more tactical since is very easy to die.
        If you Cain are running a server I might consider buy it on next month

Comment

I haven't gotten around to buying it yet, but it seems like more of my type of game. More tactical as opposed to UT3's run-and-jump style. If Cain hosts a server, I'll definitely be buying it.

Comment

It's on my Christmas list, and if my daughters don't get for me, then I'll buy it after Christmas.
            A change of Pace.

Comment

Those who vote no please give us your thoughts too
              [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
              [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
              [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

I'm not fussed about this game at all. I feel the need to move away from realistic games for a while. Hence my enjoyment with UT.

I played the SP and was quickly bored by it. I know the MP could be different, but from an outsiders POV it looks like BF2 with a gfx tweak.

Comment

I voted yes but I will probably play UT3 until I get a chance pick up a copy in a few months.

I LOVE the reflect damage option for team damage. I remember this from COD2 and it's the Ideal team damage IMHO. Any team damage get relected back at you. It stops the TKs but you must think before you shoot. I hope it's a popular option.
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR}
                    I voted yes but I will probably play UT3 until I get a chance pick up a copy in a few months.

I LOVE the reflect damage option for team damage. I remember this from COD2 and it's the Ideal team damage IMHO. Any team damage get relected back at you. It stops the TKs but you must think before you shoot. I hope it's a popular option.

That sounds REALLY cool, I'm suprised I didn't think about that. Eat that noob tkers!

Except seems somewhat worthless, as for hardly anyone tks to be an asshat when there are no vehicles, and from what I've heard this game has no vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR}

Now you have to watch out for people that deliberately run into your stream of fire. Not as easy to be an asshat that way, but there will always be people that try to spoil the run for others.
                      A change of Pace.

Comment

I dont know about pc but the xbox 360 version you dont tk in or not that i recall. I lay claymores like its going out of style (2 per spawn like in bf2) and they never blow up on team mates.

One thing i find really cool about this game is the changing of gametypes. Its the same weapons, unlocks, maps etc. But the way its played changes. Like tdm you stay huddled in a group and hunt as a group. Very rewarding feeling when you kill off a whole team. But like the bomb game type people use flash falshbangs and siper rifles to kill bomb runners.

I guess what im saying is because there is so many perks and weapons the strategy changes by gametype and map. Different perks are usefull on different maps. The perk system alone is one super cool aspect of the game. Being able to add 3 skills to your soldier really gives that customize feel like 2142 had kinda. Where your soldier could be more than just 1 stereo type class.

Comment

Originally posted by Premonition
                          I dont know about pc but the xbox 360 version you dont tk in or not that i recall. I lay claymores like its going out of style (2 per spawn like in bf2) and they never blow up on team mates.
                          Only the Hardcore gametype has friendly fire enabled on the 360. Haven't tried that yet (I play 99% Team Deathmatch) so I don't know how bad the asshatting is.
                          [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
                          [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

I've been interested in CoD4 for quite some time, but I didn't want to get into it unless Cain ran a server.

If Cain decided to host a CoD4 server, Tails and I would definitely pick up a copy, or 2.

Comment

Isn't there a ranking up factor in multiplayer? Wouldn't that require a ranked server?
                              We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X