Update on future Patches/ confirmed rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on future Patches/ confirmed rumors

Exactly what it says confirmed rumors....

"Latest Update: 09 August: no new information yet folks, sorry. Just doing a bit of formatting fixes and testing out a few changes to see if it can make things more readable. Lemme know if its hard to read the post and I'll revert back to the previous colors.
    Update 2: changed green to lime for better readibility.

Color Legend:
    Red is currently rumor/unconfirmed
    Yellow is a rumor confirmed by two or more sources (forums, different users, etc) or a beta tester but is still questionable.
    Lime is confirmed by one or more beta testers
    Italics is recently updated stuff. (note: no italics section as of Aug 09 due to lack of info on new stuff)

So according to this thread there's a beta going on where Valve's invited some of the top competitive players from both the EU and NA to participate and test out changes to the balance and stuff.

This thread is meant as a compilation of information only; no discussion unless its related to the validity of claims/rumors or confirmation of such. Keep the flame-bait to other threads, please.

To that extent, we need to compile as much info on the beta as possible. I'll update this list as and when new information becomes available. For now if you have information to add on, please post.

Servers
    Credit to Florro for his compiled list.

Server IPs:
    -68.177.111.35:27015
    -68.177.111.35:27016
    -68.177.111.35:27017
    -68.177.111.35:27018
    -68.177.111.35:27019
    -68.177.111.35:27020
    -68.177.111.35:27021
    -68.177.111.35:27022
    -68.177.111.35:27023
    -68.177.111.35:27024
    -68.177.111.35:27025
    -68.177.111.35:27026
    -68.177.111.35:27027
    -68.177.111.35:27028
    -68.177.111.35:27029
    -68.177.111.35:27030

Facts about the Beta

* The beta will currently involve elements that are both for competitive AND public play. Certain modes or changes will be available for the competitive scene as CVARs for example; but changes related to class balance will be applicable to the public as well.
    * No game mode changes or map changes have been tested yet. Whether or not they'll be present is currently unclear.

Suspected List of Gameplay Changes

Map-related changes

Other Changes

Suspected class-specific changes

All Classes

* [confirmed] There is now a menu option that will reload all clip-based weapons when enabled - however, this feature currently is in the testing phase and may get tweaks.

Heavy

* [confirmed] The heavy appears to have gotten a KGB replacement of sorts that makes him go around pyro speed when their out. This would explain the "vanguard party" achievements that were popping up earlier.
    * [confirmed] The heavy's minigun cone has been tightened; however there is no confirmation whether this change will remain permanent.

* [confirmed] There are going to be changes to the sandvich. However, these changes are still mostly in the planning phase.

Medic

* [confirmed] There are improved particles to show when players are using Kritzkreig more easily.

Pyro
    Scout

* [confirmed] As of the moment the Sandman reduces the scout's health to 95 and returns his double jump. There are planned changes to the stun mechanic, but none have been implemented yet.
    * [confirmed] FaN knockback has been adjusted significantly; it now knocks back targets based on damage and distance.
    * [confirmed] Pistol scripts will apparently no longer work. The pistol fires every 0.175 seconds at its maximum rate as opposed to .1 seconds
    * [confirmed] Pistol now fires at the rate of 1 shot per 0.175 seconds while holding down attack button (used to be 0.25 seconds)

Sniper

Engineer

* [confirmed] The engineer is receiving a wrench that allows him to build his buildings faster. It does not allow him to upgrade them and repairs them at the same rate as before, however.

Demoman

* [unconfirmed] There are some proposed changes to the demoman and soldier's self-damage; however no specifics are available as of yet.

Soldier

* [unconfirmed] There are some proposed changes to the demoman and soldier's self-damage; however no specifics are available as of yet.

Spy

* [confirmed] The spy is apparently getting not one, but two suits. However, it is currently unsure if both suits or just one will make it past the beta.
    * [confirmed] The first suit is as heard of before, giving the spy 90% damage reduction from flames and takes the place of his revolver.
    * [confirmed] The second suit is also geared against pyros, but its effects and abilities are currently unclear.

Other changes (netcode, engine, etc)

CVAR/Server-side related changes

Mapping Changes

Edit:

A lot of people have asked for sources regarding to this and I'll be honest: I have only a few sources; however, they are the ones that matter - the beta players themselves. So far I've managed to talk to one directly in steam chat and got a PM from another person who's friend plays in the beta. I've crossed verified these facts between both players as well as hunting down what info I can scour from the various threads across the internets (sometimes hounding friends that have access to the SA forums since they apparently have a thread there too). Both have asked to remain anonymous to prevent them from getting spammed by 100s of friend requests.

You have every right to question its validity based on the fact that a) Its a beta and things change rapidly and b) I dont have very many sources. Still, be that as it may I've done what is in my power to make sure the information is as accurate and true as is possible.

Edit 2: Almost forgot. I'll be updating with more sources as and when I can find them."

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=930130
    BTW someone teach me how to wrap quotes around stuff from other websites.

sounds interesting, i would gladly give up my ambassador to be 90% resistant to fire.

Comment

I got replies on my one suggestion finialy, i got one of the steam people to say that my idea of making the new engi wrench make it so you can build 2 lv1 sentries but not level any of them up was a good idea. But he says the problem is other engi's would level your stuff, so this idea will not show up in the new patch, although it will be looked at for "future possibilities"

Comment

officialy have changed the sandman and fan, as well as altered demo and soldier jump glitches.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X