Big Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Update

Just giving you the update news... hope some people come play with me!

"New Content

Added King Of The Hill game mode

Added custom animations played by the losing team during the post-win state. They are moved into third person camera to enjoy them

Added lots of new hats

Additions / Changes

Added "Auto Reload" option to the multiplayer advanced options

Clip-based weapons that reload a full clip at a time can now have their reloads aborted by firing

Pistol now fires at a fixed rate, not based on the speed at which you press the firing button

Added a color blind option to add a Jarate icon above enemies who are busy accepting a terrifying existence where they have no dignity

Significantly reduced the amount of network traffic being sent

Capturing the flag in a CTF game mode gives the entire capturing team 10 seconds of critboost

Sappers attached to a teleporter automatically place another Sapper on the other end of the teleporter, if it exists

Engineers wrenching a teleporter will repair the other end as well, and remove Sappers from both if they exist

Disguised Spies no longer trigger On-Hit effects (like the Blutsauger's heal)

Removed self-inflicted minicrits. Fixes Jarate'd Soldiers/Demomen having ineffective rocket/grenade jumps

Added an item panel to the spectator cam that shows non-standard items being carried by the player you're spectating

Added an "Inspect" key that allows you to look at items being carried by your team mates

Backpack improvements:

Added drag & drop to move items around. Item positions are maintained on the backend

Added multi-select, allowing you to delete multiple items at once

Added a new key to the key binding page that opens your inventory directly to your backpack

Fixed mouseover panel being incorrectly position when the backpack first appears

Cloaked Spies standing in valid backstab positions no longer raise their knife

Added current map name and gametype to the bottom right of scoreboard

Added class icons to tips on the loadout and loading screens

Improved visuals around flags when they're being carried by a player

Improved critboosted visuals, making it much clearer when an enemy has critboost

Updated the loading panel to show the game type under the map name during level transition

In-game chat dialog now supports full Unicode characters

Added BLU main menu background

Added response caching for some server queries to help reduce the CPU load from DOS attacks

Teammates no longer block friendly radius damage. Prevents nearby teammates causing rocket/grenade jumps to fail

Map Changes

Update PLR_Pipeline

Increased the starting advantage in the third round if a team has won the first two rounds

Fixed carts not continuing to the second round if they're capped at the same time in the first round

Fixed being able to shoot pipebombs over the starting gates in the first round

Fixed being able to open the doors in the first round before the setup time was finished

Fixed players getting stuck in some doors

Fixed players being able to get onto rooftops and out of the map boundaries

Fixed other minor bugs and exploits

Added community map Arena_Offblast

Added community map Cp_Yukon

Update Arena_Sawmill

Fixed DirectX8 bug where some models would not be visible

Fixed exploit with building teleporters outside of the map

Updated CP_Granary

Made a few changes to improve balance based on competitive community feedback

Item Reworks

The Force of Nature

The enemy knockback now only works in close range and behaves more like the Pyro's air blast

Enemies cannot be juggled by the FaN's effect

The self-knockback has also changed to respect the firer's view angle. Looking up while shooting will no longer propel the enemy upwards

Knockback is now scaled by damage done

The Sandman

A Scout will receive 1 point for stunning an enemy and 2 points for a long range stun

Stunned players now take 75% of all incoming damage instead of 50%

Ubercharged players can no longer be stunned

Heavies spinning their mini-guns will continue to spin when stunned (whether the left or right mouse button is pressed)

The minimum distance to stun a target has been reduced

The negative attribute has changed from "no double jump" to "-25 max health"

Fixes

Fixed various issues around layout & presentation of items inside the Backpack and "X is carrying" item dialogs

Fixed an exploit that allowed players to work around sv_pure

Particle files are now protected by sv_pure

Fixed critboost effect getting stuck on when you die while critboosted

Fixed Timer HUD element backgrounds not being the correct color if you change teams during waiting for players

Fixed a couple of issues with the way critboosts affected The Huntsman and the Spy's knife

Fixed an exploit where you could reload The Huntsman faster than intended

Fixed Heavy "civilian" exploit

Fixed a set of exploits using the DXSupport config files

Fixed r_screenfademinsize and r_screenfademaxsize exploits

Fixed sentries firing at a fully cloaked Spy if they're still the closest target

Community requests

Added a HUD element for hybrid CTF & CP maps

Supports 1 or 2 flags, and any number of CPs

Mapmakers need to place a "tf_logic_hybrid_ctf_cp" entity in their map to enable it

Added custom kill server log text "train" and "saw" for deaths caused by these environmental hazards

Format: "%s<%i><%s><%s>" committed suicide with "world" (customkill "%s") (attacker_position "%d %d %d")

Added new "medic_death" event for server logs

Format: "%s<%i><%s><%s>" triggered "medic_death" against "%s<%i><%s><%s>" (healing "%d") (ubercharge "%s")

healing is the amount the Medic healed in that life

ubercharge (1/0) is whether they died with a full charge

Added "func_respawnflag" trigger entity. It will remove & return the flag if a flag carrier touches it, or if the flag falls into it"

It was a very Classless Update.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
    - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

All the clas stuff besides scout are in beta..... I posted in another post

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
        by Apache Warrior
        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
      • Reply to 6 years
        by Sirex
        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
        Just hit 2.5K miles...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
        by Sirex
        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
        by Sirex
        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
        by Sirex
        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
      Working...
      X