Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Played a few rounds with Blackarrow tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played a few rounds with Blackarrow tonight.

I had fun playing with someone I know, I hope to see more CLR's joining the ranks.
    [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
    [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Thanks Limey for the guided tour. Interesting playing several different multiplayer modes.

Multiplayer definitely feels like a mix of CounterStrike, BF2 and UT. Several game modes including Warfare-like, deathmatch and capture the flag.

Comment

The bad thing about the UI is that you can't track down "friends". There is a favorite server list but you have to arrange a server meeting place to play with friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfire
        The bad thing about the UI is that you can't track down "friends". There is a favorite server list but you have to arrange a server meeting place to play with friends.
        Pretty soon it will be easy to find your friends on-line !!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArrow
          Thanks Limey for the guided tour. Interesting playing several different multiplayer modes.

Multiplayer definitely feels like a mix of CounterStrike, BF2 and UT. Several game modes including Warfare-like, deathmatch and capture the flag.
          What parts of UT is it like?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau

Juneau - I am referring to Game Modes similar to UT3

Comment

Oh.

So is the gameplay like BF2?

Comment

Oh.

So is the gameplay like BF2?
                No this game is faster than BF2
                [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

May I ask a question, too?

I've been poking around sites looking at the game, other's opinions/reviews, etc. and found that a lot of players very much enjoy small servers (under 10v10 games). They were mostly complaining that the game becomes simply "run-n-gun" and too chaotic at larger numbers.

Do you guys think this is so (if you played on a larger server)? If Cain puts up a server, I'll play regardless. But, it seems that smaller servers are popular among a good portion of players at the moment...at least from what I've found.

Comment

depends on the server to be honest a well run server with the right game mode plays very well

Comment

Anyone care to do a fraps recording? i want to see exactly how fast paced this game is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tails_Kitsune

I've been poking around sites looking at the game, other's opinions/reviews, etc. and found that a lot of players very much enjoy small servers (under 10v10 games). They were mostly complaining that the game becomes simply "run-n-gun" and too chaotic at larger numbers.

Do you guys think this is so (if you played on a larger server)? If Cain puts up a server, I'll play regardless. But, it seems that smaller servers are popular among a good portion of players at the moment...at least from what I've found.
                        People have been asking me to make my servers hold fewer players since I put up my Quake 2 server.

The fact is, however, people look for servers with a lot of players in there, and lots of action. Some folks prefer slower paced games, but my servers will always be big, fast and frantic !!

BTW, I'm 95% I'll have a COD4 Server up Friday night. I have to drive to Columbia to manually install the CD, then figure out how to get the sucker up and running.

--- Cain

Comment

Originally posted by Cain

People have been asking me to make my servers hold fewer players since I put up my Quake 2 server.

The fact is, however, people look for servers with a lot of players in there, and lots of action. Some folks prefer slower paced games, but my servers will always be big, fast and frantic !!

BTW, I'm 95% I'll have a COD4 Server up Friday night. I have to drive to Columbia to manually install the CD, then figure out how to get the sucker up and running.

--- Cain
                          so the beast comes huh? i know something to put on my xmas list now

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus

--- Cain
                            so the beast comes huh? i know something to put on my xmas list now
                            You should see if you can have that part of christmas this weekend :P

Comment

--- Cain
                              Lots of action is always nice. I wasn't able to form an opinion about the smaller server debate (as I've yet to play) but it just seemed that there was a good-sized group of naysayers that hated it.

Cain's Lair is always my #1 and only choice in a game. Big crowd, little crowd...it's all the same here.

Now I've just got to be the responsible student and actually do my homework this weekend rather than just play CoD4 all weekend. Hoping to pick it up within the next day or two.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X