How come nearly all the UT3 Severs Are Empty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come nearly all the UT3 Severs Are Empty

This my sound stupid but how come nearly all the Severs are empty ?

We're not sure. We're guesing that all the people who did buy it so far, only bought it for single player.

It should pick up over and after Xmas.

Comment

Thanks mate I just thought it was abit strange I have just been and Bought my son a copy of the game and been and set it for him so He should be online when he get's home from school

Comment

Just make sure you play on CL. If you want any company just post a message here and i'll head in.

I think a big downer for us is that us Europeans aren't making up enough numbers. The server is always busy during the evening/night.

Comment

I wouldn't pin too much hope on numbers picking up all that much. Unless that is you want to include console players and demo players if they do the 'compatible demo to bump up the numbers' trick again like they did for 2k4. Oh and the good old epic trick of counting bots as players also seen in 2k4.

The numbers are sliding a little each night if anything. The original ut and 2k4 are both getting more players than this game but even if you add them all together it's less than 1% of the people playing FPS games. People just don't seem want this sort of game any more and even a lot of ut fans don't like this one for various reasons or cant run it because it needs such a high end machine to get a playable frame rate once people start shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy
            I wouldn't pin too much hope on numbers picking up all that much. Unless that is you want to include console players and demo players if they do the 'compatible demo to bump up the numbers' trick again like they did for 2k4. Oh and the good old epic trick of counting bots as players also seen in 2k4.

The numbers are sliding a little each night if anything. The original ut and 2k4 are both getting more players than this game but even if you add them all together it's less than 1% of the people playing FPS games. People just don't seem want this sort of game any more and even a lot of ut fans don't like this one for various reasons or cant run it because it needs such a high end machine to get a playable frame rate once people start shooting.
            I'm an optimist. I think this game will pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau

I agree, I think it will pick up, but the issue is not the fun of the game but the level of the PC required to play it.
              [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
              [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
              [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

I don't buy the PC specs argument, at least not fully. There are more people currently playing Crysis, and about 6,000 more who have played it online to date (~16,000+ to almost ~11,000 as of this morning). Note that their numbers are still low because of pc specs needed to play it, but it takes a heck of a lot more shear power to play Crysis online than UT3.

The advantage Crysis has is time. They were out earlier, and before there was as much competition as UT3 is facing. I'm still hopefully optimistic for UT3. I'm not really ready to give up on it until January 1st. By then, we'll know the impact of the Christmas season on player counts, and also by then people will have begun looking for something different from the other MP games out right now.

-Rand

EDIT for clarification.
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by ~SAS~LIMEY

I agree, I think it will pick up, but the issue is not the fun of the game but the level of the PC required to play it.
                  Which is kind of sad. I don't have a killer rig. In fact the only good thing is my graphics card.

People can't expect to have a constant flow of new games and expect to play them on 3+ year old hardware. It's not how the PC world revolves.

Comment

Wait for the next patches. Then we will see results for sure.
                    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Which is kind of sad. I don't have a killer rig. In fact the only good thing is my graphics card.

People can't expect to have a constant flow of new games and expect to play them on 3+ year old hardware. It's not how the PC world revolves.
                      Which is why there has been a mass exodus to consoles (both gamer and developer alike). For many, the upgrade cycle is just too financially straining. For others, they lack the time/experience/skill to build a machine themselves, so they are stuck with the craptacular commodity PC they bought at Best Buy (which are usually WOEFULLY inadequate for anything approaching current generation).

It's not even that people are expecting these new fancy games to run on their crap hardware. Its just that with each upgrade cycle, fewer and fewer are even bothering to keep pace. There is a reason why an 8 year old game (CS) is still on top of the non-MMO PC world.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire

Which is why there has been a mass exodus to consoles (both gamer and developer alike). For many, the upgrade cycle is just too financially straining. For others, they lack the time/experience/skill to build a machine themselves, so they are stuck with the craptacular commodity PC they bought at Best Buy (which are usually WOEFULLY inadequate for anything approaching current generation).

It's not even that people are expecting these new fancy games to run on their crap hardware. Its just that with each upgrade cycle, fewer and fewer are even bothering to keep pace. There is a reason why an 8 year old game (CS) is still on top of the non-MMO PC world.
                        Very true. The question is, could you play one game for 8 years or so and never move onto anything else?

Comment

Very true. The question is, could you play one game for 8 years or so and never move onto anything else?
                          Me? No. I need fresh stuff every so often

But it seems a lot of people out there are very much creatures of habit, and CS feeds them the steady stream of sameness that they crave. That, and CS could probably run on today's cell phones its system requirements are so low

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
                            Me? No. I need fresh stuff every so often

But it seems a lot of people out there are very much creatures of habit, and CS feeds them the steady stream of sameness that they crave. That, and CS could probably run on today's cell phones its system requirements are so low

Comment

Good games going on now DarkRain if you want to head in.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X