This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Install tonight

BUT I have no idea how to configure or setup the server, so it may or may not be playable tonight. Blackarrow is gonna help me by testing to see if he can connect. Other volunteers welcome.

I'll read up on COD Servers tonight and tomorrow, and I feel pretty good we can be shooting each other by tomorrow night, maybe earlier !!

Since I have never run a COD server I know little about its commands, syntax, ini files, etc.

Stay tuned !!!

-- Cain

i'll help any way I can.

{CLR}Seiko reporting for duty!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Awesome, I can't wait!

And if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Comment

Awesome!

Tails and I still have to snag a copy... Although it looks like we'll be going through Steam, again.

Comment

Any ideas on the gametype?

Free-for-all
          Team Deathmatch
          Search and Destroy - Similar to CS. One team must plant a bomb in one of two positions while the other defends
          Sabotage - Similar to search and destroy, only the bomb is neutral. First to it has to plant it.
          Domination - Similar to BF2 (no vehicles though). Multiple flags around the map that the teams must control.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerRabbit
            Any ideas on the gametype?

Free-for-all
            Team Deathmatch
            Search and Destroy - Similar to CS. One team must plant a bomb in one of two positions while the other defends
            Sabotage - Similar to search and destroy, only the bomb is neutral. First to it has to plant it.
            Domination - Similar to BF2 (no vehicles though). Multiple flags around the map that the teams must control.
            I'm not 100% positive, but I think servers that actually vary gametypes are most popular. A lot of nice servers I play on vary between S&D, Sabotage, Dom. You can throw TD in too, but I'm not a fan of FFA, personally...

Comment

Headquarters FTW!!!

Commands are unnecessarily complex. For example, to see your fps you need to type in the console: \cg_drawfps 1

Comment

Originally posted by Starfire
                Headquarters FTW!!!

Commands are unnecessarily complex. For example, to see your fps you need to type in the console: \cg_drawfps 1
                HQ has my vote as well

Comment

The install is in progress. Please stand by.

I will post when it is up and running.

Comment

??Click me to donate??

Comment

The only one i;ve played so far has been domination. Loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
                        The only one i;ve played so far has been domination. Loved it.

You dont say
                        But seriously it really is a great game and i figured most people who gave it a fair try would enjoy it. Biggest complaint ive seen is sp is really short. Outside of that, its a pretty solid game thats alot of fun no matter what platform you get it for. Its a nice addition to anyones game library this holiday season.

Comment

I would suggest a mix of Headquarters, Search and Destroy, Sabotage and Dominations for a superior mix of games
                          [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
                          [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
                          [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Why don't we do a mix and see how people like the different game types? If a certain game type/map pops up and the server empties out, then we'll know which one's aren't popular.
                            [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by ~SAS~LIMEY
                              I would suggest a mix of Headquarters, Search and Destroy, Sabotage and Dominations for a superior mix of games
                              +1 all the way. I think the most successful servers I've seen use this.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X