Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MW2 Complete Mission Video

Oh hai, MW2 has its own forum now. yay.

So this is a Cam video of the first/second (??) mission of MW2. I did pass out a few times checking out the weapons, specially the AK47, but all in all- I think they step this game up a notch. Maybe this is good news for the Cain'ers that only like to play Single Player. Obviously if you don't want spoilers... then don't watch it. To all, enjoy.

YouTube - Modern Warfare 2: Complete First Mission
    Last edited by K PhaNTOM; 1 Oct 2009, 01:56 PM.

Looks good. Do the people look kind of GTA-ish? I wonder if he could have gotten on that little motorcycle? Why didn't he shoot the dog the first time? Was his slower aiming because it was on a console? Tell me, Phan! TELL ME!

Comment

Bloody hell, chill! So, the characters I was impressed with. Movement seems fluid. What the hell is GrandTheftAuto-ish? A Russian guy with a bazooka? If so, no. Only vehicle conformed is the Snowmobile. I don't wanna drive a motorcycle and shoot at the same time... He didn't shoot the dog the first time cuz he was showing what the dog can do. I laughed my ass off when he shot it again. I guess his aim is slower because he was on an xbox. Tell me pha... wait.. ok, I'm done.

Now go sleep and dream of Nov 10th. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        Bloody hell, chill! So, the characters I was impressed with. Movement seems fluid. What the hell is GrandTheftAuto-ish? A Russian guy with a bazooka? If so, no. Only vehicle conformed is the Snowmobile. I don't wanna drive a motorcycle and shoot at the same time... He didn't shoot the dog the first time cuz he was showing what the dog can do. I laughed my ass off when he shot it again. I guess his aim is slower because he was on an xbox. Tell me pha... wait.. ok, I'm done.

Now go sleep and dream of Nov 10th. Thx.
        After watching the vid again (partly) I think the GTA thing comes from the fact that there is more flesh showing (don't get excited), and you know how difficult it is for folks to get that looking lifelike and not cartoonish. In COD4 everyone is wearing full battle gear, masks, helmets, so it is/was not a problem. Also the way some of the guys were falling after getting shot seemed a little more GTA-ish and less COD4-ish, which isn't a good thing...but it is not the best video and maybe I'm just being fussy. I do think that the scenery looks sweet and it also looks like the shotty has more range than 8 feet, which would make me very happy!

As for the motorcycle, I don't want to shoot from it: I want to take jumps with it and run over folks like your bad self. I think it would be funny as heck to have someone go racing through a firefight and hit someone or get blown off the thing! (what would be more frustrating than getting run down with a bike?)

Comment

I'm not bothered with the Single Player mode Just Can't wait to get my hands in the Mp mode of the game.

Comment

So it doesn't worry any of you guys that they are so intently focused on the single-player in their ad campaign? You're not worried in the least bit that MP may not quite be there, or different enough from COD 4 to be worthwhile?

I remain unconvinced on the MP for this game. Everything I've seen makes it look almost exactly like COD 4, which is to the detriment of everyone. I've had my year and a half of constant COD 4/WaW playing. I don't need the same thing a third time around.

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

ive seen only a few videos of the MP, but im already convinced to buy.
              there are a lot more guns, and that alone is enough for me.
              the way i see it, the MP in MW2 is gonna be much more explosive and much less tactical:

sleight of hand and extreme conditioning being (now "marathon" providing unlimited sprint) being a blue perk

shotguns and machine pistols being secondary weapons

there is gonna be much more knifing with lightweight red perk (runs faster), commando yellow perk (longer melee range)

dual wield of pistols

and other things i forgot to mention

i dont know if these would work in a COD game, but its different enough. Ill give it a try

Comment

there is gonna be much more knifing with lightweight red perk (runs faster), commando yellow perk (longer melee range)
                You can already knife someone from 10' away in COD4.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                  by Apache Warrior
                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                • Reply to 6 years
                  by Sirex
                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                  by Sirex
                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                  by Sirex
                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                  by Sirex
                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                Working...
                X