Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Warfare 2 Delayed Two Weeks for PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern Warfare 2 Delayed Two Weeks for PC?

Citing unnamed sources, the site Electronic Theatre reports that the PC version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be delayed two weeks past its general Nov. 10 release date to Nov. 24.

Electronic Theatre says it has no official reasons for the delay, and speculates that "manufacturing constraints" may be to blame, perhaps to "counteract piracy issues."

Presently, Amazon, GameStop and GameSpot all have Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 listed with a Nov. 10 release date.

We've contacted a spokesman for the game to ask for comment. Should there be any clarification, it will be added here.
    Modern Warfare 2 Delayed Two Weeks for PC? - Modern warfare 2 - Kotaku

glad im getting it for the PS3 in that case

PC only Baby
    I can't play these games on anything but the keyboard and mouse, I'll wait
    [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
    Like the community? Donate here:
    [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Man, And to think that I asked to have a that day off from work

Comment

Well that Bloody Sucks

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
          PC only Baby
          I can't play these games on anything but the keyboard and mouse, I'll wait
          Same here big guy! FPS is only mouse and keyboard...

Comment

Counteract piracy,blah. I really hope this really is just a rumor, because we all know it will be cracked in less than a week no matter what they do....and once again the paying consumer pays

Sheesh, the game is already overpriced. Either way, guess I have to wait.
            Motivate

Comment

Originally posted by ak416 View Post

Traitor....

Consoles really suck, but some guys are good at them. I cant see me playing on a console ever again.

But wait, this wasnt what the thread was about.

All the folks in the software gaming world have pushed PC users under the rug. Its no surprise that the PC side would have problems. If they ever for any reason decided to discontinue PC FPS's I would quit playing. Forever! Not another dime.
              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

lol you gotta give it up to Activision to hype the game up after their trailer premiered on Sunday Night Football on NBC. It's a publicity stunt. In the form of a rumor of course. As in 'buy it for console because PC is going to be delayed'

Truth is coming soon and their forums are completely down.

Caddys chill out before I

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                  As in 'buy it for console because PC is going to be delayed'
                  Yes, it does seems like the developers will do just about anything to force a one platform world. And if they choose consoles, I, like Cobalt, am out...I'll probably make my PS3, sitting idle on shelf for a year, into a birdfeeder or something useful then.

Comment

lol talk sh*t about the consoles all you guys want, id own you all on either platform

but id have to agree that it seems to be the new trend to delay the PC version until the console counterparts sell. or they just forget about the PC version all together, Battlefield 1943 im looking at you!

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                      Yes, it does seems like the developers will do just about anything to force a one platform world. And if they choose consoles, I, like Cobalt, am out...I'll probably make my PS3, sitting idle on shelf for a year, into a birdfeeder or something useful then.
                      Although I hate how us PC gamers are beening treated as 9th class or something that you sweep under the stove , I can't abandon my 360, cause I have the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, that game bring back old memories of some games that used to pissed me off cause it didn't have a save feature and you had to start the game all over again Now it has a save feature built in, although entering cheats is somewhat a task figuring out which buttion is A B C on the 360 controllers A B X Y. some digital download games like Ultimate Mortal Kombat, Uno, pinball ect... Oh... and Madden 10

Comment

All UK stores are still displaying the original release date. Surely if this 'delay' was real there would be a big announcement on the activision forums.

Comment

Activision Have Yet to confirm this at this point in time and
                          juneau is right all UK & European Store are showing the Release Date for 10/11/09.

Comment

And the last trailer still show 10/11/09 but with an XBOX360 splash at the end

On gamespot, the release date have been changed to be November 24 and the Hardened Edition as "Cancelled".

Comment

Ah crap. It's delayed. What the hell is wrong with them? Bunch of idiots.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X