X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little late but never too late....

I shall see yall soon.

You won't regret it!

Tails and I just finished swapping on and off for the past few hours, and it was amazing! We were both lost at first, but it's definitely great fun.

Comment

Why did you get the game on steam?

Steam has some problems and their no real point in buying it in their client and if they screw up like EA does like they did with Battlefield 2142 and your gona have to be re-instaling all the time for patching, key packet crap, ect, your gona have to download it over and over and over again.

To the rest IMO its best to get hardcopy.

Comment

Originally posted by xJumper

Steam has some problems and their no real point in buying it in their client and if they screw up like EA does like they did with Battlefield 2142 and your gona have to be re-instaling all the time for patching, key packet crap, ect, your gona have to download it over and over and over again.

Fortunately Steam is nothing like that piece of crap EA passes off as a p2p. Steam has been refined for several years and now works very reliably. This from a guy that used to think Steam was Satan's spawn.
        A change of Pace.
        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Steam automatically updates games. I have many games on Steam and prefer it. If I am on another computer I can log into Steam, download a game and play on my account. no discs to lug around.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I'm beginning to like Steam. It's reliable, and it's quick. It saves me a drive down to Best Buy and about $10 on in-store taxes. Plus, it's great when you decide that you can't wait until the next morning to go buy something.

Comment

Originally posted by xJumper

I have been using steam for years.... This is my second account that I created a few years ago after I built my current rig. I gave my old account to a buddy of mine cause he wanted to play CS so when I rebuilt I just bought a new one.

Steam is the most stable and is absolutely the best gaming program I have ever used. I have never had a problem with Steam what so ever.

You will never lose your games on Steam. Steam automatically patches stuff for you unlike EA. If you have key packet problems then I think you have some issues cause I have never ever had key packet loss with steam. The only time I ever have to re download something is when I reformat or mess up my config files which is of my own doing.

Hardcopy.... have fun finding your discs... Oh dang... your BF2 disc is in your comp and you have to swap, what a PITA.

Nothing personal but...
              STEAM FTW !!

I think many many people will vouch for steam.

Comment

I'll echo most everyone's assessment here: Steam is head and shoulders above the other Digital Distribution programs out at the moment.

Why did I buy it on steam?
                • Don't ever have to fiddle with disks in the drive or worry about scratched lost media.
                • Installation is much faster from a game archive than from a DVD.
                • Autoupdates, as many have mentioned already.
                • Easy to purchase, and you can usually get stuff on sale if you buy it early.
                • Like having a repository where I can easily launch all (most) of my games from.
                • Sleekest and least-obtrusive DRM scheme on the market (short of no DRM at all). Also allows you to play from any computer, and allows you to have copies of your games on as many computers as you wish (just can only run one at a time).
                • After a rough start, Steam community is actually pretty decent (if a bit spartan in its features)

Shall I go on?

I guess it's not for everyone, but then again, I've never been one that gets emotionally tied to box art/special editions/collectibles, so not having any of that is no skin off my back.

Comment

/agree 110% with everything said here

steam is the best, period.

Comment

There was an error with the steam-friends ingame overlay, turn it off when you want to play CoD4.

Comment

Right now I do have a problem with steam. The download is utilizing well under half my bandwidth! The download should have finished by now, instead I'm only at 69%
                      Kusanagi

Comment

the content servers are pretty jam packed atm, people buying games just out.
                        when the orange box came out to preload, it was like that too.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I don't care what their excuse is, I want to play now
                          Kusanagi

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how much does the game cost on Steam? I am getting a price that I think seems a bit high, and I just want to make sure that I am not getting gouged for being foreign.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisElfRocksHard
                              Just out of curiosity, how much does the game cost on Steam? I am getting a price that I think seems a bit high, and I just want to make sure that I am not getting gouged for being foreign.
                              It's $50 US, which is the going rate for PC games out here. Not sure what that comes out to in ? though

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X