Team work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team work

I was in the TDM server earlier, and was disheartened at the complete lack of teamwork. All it was was who can camp in a single spot the longest .

When I think Cain's Lair, the first thing to pop up into my mind is "Teamwork." TDM doesn't really induce that kind of attitude in people the same way a mode like Head Quarters or Domination does. You wouldn't be able to get me out of your server if it was HQ :P

"Camping" you kidding me !!

We have been all over every map constantly in the run.

Remember many of us have been playing this game for less than one full day, so keep that in mind.

that having been said we had some really good teamwork going, at least as much as you can have on Team Deathmatch I guess.

Remember the server has been online less than 24 hrs, let me see which gametypes are the most popular, and then we'll see about any possible changes.

Comment

I was on most of the day with some on my other WW clan mates and it was all teamwork with good voice chat going on. Few campers got them in any game, but hey if you call in a airstike u can almost wipe out the other team so I really dont consider that camping, inless the whole team is doing it. Great server as always Cain.
      [img]http://uncledumpysnuts.com/UT/KROIL.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by WW_KROIL
        I was on most of the day with some on my other WW clan mates and it was all teamwork with good voice chat going on. Few campers got them in any game, but hey if you call in a airstike u can almost wipe out the other team so I really dont consider that camping, inless the whole team is doing it.

Great server as always Cain.

Thx man, it is always great to see you in-game, and I'm happy you asked your buds to come play here also.

I had a blast today, playing with and against you folks. I hope you guys make CL a regular home !!

Take care, thx for the fun, and thx for the post !!

-- Cain

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
          I was on most of the day with some on my other WW clan mates and it was all teamwork with good voice chat going on. Few campers got them in any game, but hey if you call in a airstike u can almost wipe out the other team so I really dont consider that camping, inless the whole team is doing it.

Great server as always Cain.

Thx man, it is always great to see you in-game, and I'm happy you asked your buds to come play here also.

I had a blast today, playing with and against you folks. I hope you guys make CL a regular home !!

Take care, thx for the fun, and thx for the post !!

-- Cain
          Like always thanks for hosting a great server and community Cain. As KROIL mentions we are all on our WW teamspeak server consistently communicating. Auto balancing is messing us up. :P Boy do we start gunning for each other if one is auto balanced. I hope CLR is kewl with us trying to stay on the same team... Although we are a clan we aren't playing competativiely at the moment- just a bunch of old geek gamers getting their game on!

Does CLR have a Teamspeak server? heck- I don't even know how to chat in game with COD4 (lol, and never figured it out in UT2k4 either.)

Again, gg's. Always a pleasure to game with this community.

Comment

IIRC Z is the default VoIP key for COD4. It should auto-detect your mic and everything, so simply press Z if you haven't changed that key and away you go!
            [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I was on most of the day with some on my other WW clan mates and it was all teamwork with good voice chat going on. Few campers got them in any game, but hey if you call in a airstike u can almost wipe out the other team so I really dont consider that camping, inless the whole team is doing it. Great server as always Cain.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
                "Remember the server has been online less than 24 hrs, let me see which gametypes are the most popular, and then we'll see about any possible changes.
                I know the server is young, but when it comes time to consider new game modes I definitely recommend incorporating a mix of all the team-based modes. I don't know what will dominate in the upcoming weeks, but I personally had the most fun on servers that alternated between HQ, domination, sabotage and search&destroy. I like TDM, but I think it's an improvement when there's some kind of goal in mind...

Comment

Originally posted by L_Mo
                  I like TDM, but I think it's an improvement when there's some kind of goal in mind...
                  Whole-heartedly Agree.

While TDM can be fun for a time, objective-based team games hold my interest much longer. There's just a higher chance for deep teamplay and strategy that TDM can't touch.

Comment

I, for one, do not have a problem with the WW guys being on the same team. Of course I would like it better if they had been on my team.
                    I like to play on the same team as my friends and I don't mind when others do the same.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I don't mind playing against WW guys. It's good and fun to go up against folks with skill to test your own abilities. I enjoy playing against guys like Prong and Lamont too.

Better if they're on my team, but not bad to go out and play stopper and try to keep them occupied with me and away from my teammies.

-Rand
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I look at it this way, if they are all in a group together, 1 grenade
                        from my trusty AK47, and they are a hurtin.. lol

Since I like to play with friends, why would I object to others doing the
                        same?

Glad you came over to play. VOIP works just fine, so TS2 or Vent
                        isn't necessary.

I too tried different servers the first day I had the game. The lone wolf
                        attitude was very much in evidence.

Someone keyed me in on another server, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE.
                        They chatted constantly about targets, where they were going, etc...
                        An entirely new world opened up, and it became FUN. Running
                        around with 4-5 people, mowing down the opposition as they appeared,
                        and it just got better and better.

CLR's naturally run in packs, so it was no surprise that we did the same when we were playing last night. Totally awesome.
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I played again last night, had some better teamwork. I'm glad the audio quality isn't crap on your server - I've been in some and it was just awful.

Personally, I'm hoping you throw up a Head Quarters server, I've had boatloads of fun on them, but the asshats always end up making me a sad panda

Comment

I have noticed that there is an ability for a server to rotate gametypes every other map. There are servers that one map is tdm, next is headquarters, next is command & conquer.... etc. Some type of rotation like that would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
                              Originally posted by L_Mo
                              I like TDM, but I think it's an improvement when there's some kind of goal in mind...
                              Whole-heartedly Agree.

While TDM can be fun for a time, objective-based team games hold my interest much longer. There's just a higher chance for deep teamplay and strategy that TDM can't touch.
                              +1 TDM feels like a free-for-all. It's fun, but nothing like having real team work to take objectives.
                              A change of Pace.
                              "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X