Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help

Ok, so im still having issues with the game, call it a re-learning curve.

1. Took me forever, but i figured out that "v" is the PTT key. Whats the text chat key?
    2. What did they do to my spy? 90% of the time i cannot cloak. I can right click to my hearts content, but nothing happens.
    3. Whats the deal with all this stuff im finding?
    4. I found 2 things for my spy, equiped them, but best i can tell, they are broken? i can't cloak, and they dont do anything... some pocket watch thing.
    5. Where do i get some of the other weapons?
    6. Pyros are way OP...
    7. Why does Cain still die so much and so easily
    8. Awesome time last night. I need more targets. But i have people who added me as friends, and when i go looking for friends in game, no one shows up is there something special i must do?
    9. Is there a list somewhere of the weapons? and how to get them?

I have many of the same questions, and I'm also curious about 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
      I have many of the same questions, and I'm also curious about 7.

Because everyone wants the big trophy.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I wish I could find a plugin that would give people some cool hat or something for killing an Admin !! If anyone has seen one, let me know.

Comment

The pocketwatch (official known as the Dead Ringer) is a spy unlock. It is a very good unlock for those who know how to take advantage of it. I'm going to give you a small summary of it but I recommend you read this link:

Dead Ringer - TF2 Wiki

You cannot go invisible with this watch like the other two watches. You need to be disguised and actually act like the class you are imitating in order to enter the enemy backlines. This is why only really good spies use this, because they don't rely on invisibility to get them there.

You use it when you know you will be killed. Right click, the watch appears, and when you take damage your body falls to the floor but you turn invisible for the duration of the watch. Once the invisibility drains completely, or you uncloak, you make a really REALLY loud noise that alerts a large radius of people around you, but by then you should already be disguised and ready to strike once more.
          [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

1. Took me forever, but i figured out that "v" is the PTT key. Whats the text chat key?

Enter

2. What did they do to my spy? 90% of the time i cannot cloak. I can right click to my hearts content, but nothing happens.

You might be using the dead ringer

Random unlocks. They are sidegrades to your current weapons. Count yourself lucky if you find a hat

4. I found 2 things for my spy, equiped them, but best i can tell, they are broken? i can't cloak, and they dont do anything... some pocket watch thing.

Dead Ringer

Random drops or achievements

6. Pyros are way OP...

Pyros are fine. Just learn to counter them

lol

8. Awesome time last night. I need more targets. But i have people who added me as friends, and when i go looking for friends in game, no one shows up is there something special i must do?

In your friends list, does it say they are in TF2?

Weapons - TF2 Wiki
            [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

HEY !! 7 was not that funny !!

Comment

7 is ALWAYS funny.

-Rand
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Drop that Dead Ringer .. it isn't worth the effort unless you are a GOOD spy. And even then I don't recommend it. What you WANT is the Cloak and Dagger. Once you find and equip that, you'll be a happy Spy again.

Pyro's OP'd ?? Aww c'mon man. You just ran into a few guys that are good Pyros. You'll hate me as a Pyro. As a Spy, you MUST stay FAR away from ANY Pyro, even a newb one. As a Pyro, I get fragged by Soldiers quite a bit if I don't time my airblasts right to deflect their rockets.

Cain dying ?? Hahaaa, he's having fun again, dead or alive, and that's all that matters in the grand scheme of things. I even let him bat my head in as a Scout every now and then.

Easiest way to get better is to observe where each class does the most damage to the enemy team. As a Pyro, you want to hide in corners and ambush, then retreat. As an Engy, you set up in areas that can't take distance fire but also defend CPs. Observe what winning teams do, and follow that example. Don't try and win on defense with a team with 3 Scouts on it !
                  Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus View Post
                    Ok, so im still having issues with the game, call it a re-learning curve.

6. Pyros are way OP...
                    OK, here we go...

1.) I believe the default in-game text key us Y and teamchat key is U.

2.) Cloaking isn't instant. It takes a moment or two before you are completely cloaked.

3.) I'm guessing that by "the stuff i'm finding" you mean stuff like "The killing gloves of boxing" or "the flare gun"...ect...ect... These are different weapons you can equip based on the character.

4.)The pocket watch is called "the dead ringer" and it cloakes you once you die while leaving a body behind so the enemy thinks your dead. However, you still make the cloaking sound so it's a gamble as to weather or not if it works for you.

5.)You obtain the other weapons by completing some of the achievement for each class. Once obtained you can equip the items by pressing the M key in-game.

6.)Pyro's aren't that overpowered. You are most likely just getting hit in the back with the "backburner", which does crits only when hitting somebody in the back, otherwise it's a little weaker then the original flamethrower and doesn't have a blowback option.

7.)Because he knows that people killing him in-game makes it fun for everybody!

8.)I'm guessing you need to accept the invite's in steams through the community page.

9.) Category:Weapons - TF2 Wiki
                    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Ok, i got some of it.

Dead ringer is the first item i found, and decided it didn't work because i didn't understand HOW it worked. then i got some other spy upgrade.

The funny part, i wasn't even tryign to play a spy, and found them hile playing pyro.

As far as pyros go, i dont' have any special things, short of some top hat looking thing, and i didn't equip it as im not quite sure what it did. it was a mid game kinda thing. but, i found i torched everything, so easily, it all dies. except heavies. i kinda liek a pyro. i hate re-figureing out keys, so thanks gene&co for assisting there.

The invites things is a tad harder, since i don't exactly know my steam password, so i can't exactly log in...

I can't figure out how to get it back either. lol.

i look forward to fragging you all in game. Especialyl WalkinTarget, i have a score to settle from back when the DoD:red thingy placed you on the opposite side...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X