X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to say... I wanna play

I just wanted to say...

I really hate all you people right now.

I was thinkin about just takin a set of wire cutters to my interweb cable and just off my self from the rest of the world all together.

I cant take it anymore.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Soon you'll be here with the rest of us

Comment

Can't you simply buy the game on CD or something ??

http://www.amazon.com/Team-Fortress-...8544395&sr=8-1

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post

I did just that, thinking I wouldn't have to run Steam, but you must install Steam to play the game.

Cobalt, hang in there...we'll be waiting.

Comment

Awwwwwwww bud... I hate you more!

Comment

Thanks for the concern guys. I got the original on CD. no problem. I just cant upgrade it to the new version. File is too big. Cant download it here. Cant get it in email or anything its just too big.Besides, my ping would still be bad, so its not like I'm missin much.

Unless I can spoof steam and Cains server into thinkin I have the right version, I"m out.

But on the other hand, I like reading about the game discussions. Seems like a fun strategic game. not just shoot, die, repeat.

Hopefully I'll be home before BC2 comes out. So maybe the Lair will be able to play that one. I can wait. Its just that you can only play single player stuff for so long then it gets kinda old, and I have to travel to a different location to play Lan games. No one here at the present plays much on PC.

But thanks anyway guys. I'll be ok. Soon as I get home I'm goin to Houston to get the latest and greatest of the Phan collection.
            [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Can we e-mail you the updates ??

Comment

Can we e-mail you the updates ??
                ..or send me the link to what you need downloaded. I'll download, burn to DVD and FedEx to you. You can PM your address to me. Assuming, of course, FedEx deliverers where you are at... if not, US Priority Mail?
                [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

You would need to use to Post Office and his APO. I could also burn the update to disc and mail it to you.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by ObiTroy69 View Post
                    ..or send me the link to what you need downloaded. I'll download, burn to DVD and FedEx to you. You can PM your address to me. Assuming, of course, FedEx deliverers where you are at... if not, US Priority Mail?

Comment

Yep, Steam allows you to create a backup of any app, so you could essentially create a DVD of the game, then send it to him.

http://www.infobarrel.com/How_to_bac...mes_to_Dvd%27s

Just check the box for TF2 and have it back up that data.
                      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

There use to be a program called axeman(old days). It would allow you to chop up a large file into smaller pieces then reassemble them later. There are probably newer programs that can do this.

Edit:Found this maybe it would work:
                        http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...-Chopper.shtml
                        [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/DragonCLR/DragonSig3.png[/img]

Comment

Cobalt, I thought the brass was blocking Steam from where you are. Guys, don't you have to have Steam to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Jed_Clampet View Post
                            Cobalt, I thought the brass was blocking Steam from where you are. Guys, don't you have to have Steam to play?
                            I thought it did up front when I first logged on here, its just that it blocks the websites at steam for other stuff not the server IP.

Ok, here's the deal. When I load the original CD it pulls up steam adds it in the games list and starts the auto download of the patch or upgrade. So thats as far as I can get. The patch is too big to wait on it loading from the steam website or were ever it comes from. Thats the problem.

My question is, can the patch be independently loaded before I pull up the original through steam. I'm thinking it can or there wouldnt be places to download it off the net.

One other thing is that even if someone sent it too me I wouldnt be able to get to my mail stop anytime soon. But I could have it by the time I got ready to go to Bangkok when I'm through. I'm traveling a lot right now and dont know when I could get back to my mail.

But... if someone wants to mail me the patch, It would put me being ready when I got to Bangkok. I can play from there. Not the best ping in the world but better than here. I also cant download that big a file from Bangkok. They have a limit on download there. I tried to get the 1.5 and 1.6 patch for WaW and it quits at about 750mb. The patch was over a gig.

To those who volunteered to mail me the patch and I'll send you my address in a pm if you hit me first.

I really hate to impose on you guys. Dont think I dont understand the concessions you have to make messin with me. But I really do appreciate all the trouble you guys go to to help me out. From Cain on down to the last person.

All have been very helpful and have made my time here much more bearable.

Comment

Send me a PM.
                              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X