whats your faverite perks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats your faverite perks?

I figured a thread about what perks people like and some tips might be fun for people just getting the game.

My favorite perks are
    1) mertranome (sp?) where you drop a live gernade when your killed.
    This is extremely fun when knifing people. Of someone trying to knife you.

2) increased health
    self explanatory, the longer you live the better your chance of getting a kill streak and thats where the points really come in

3) more bullet damage
    same as 2, easy to kill people better chance for kill streaks

4) claymores
    I love claymores and #1. Put them together and your a walking bomb. very good for sniping and trapping people.

5)deep penetration (no sexual meaning )
    allows your bullets to go through walls. Very good for sniping or spamming machine guns.

Those are my favorites and i probably spelled half of them wrong But they are still really cool and make for good combos.

I vary mine up a bit depending on what I'm doing, but I usually use one of these combinations:

Frag x3
    Stopping Power
    Deep Penetration or Martyrdom

UAV Jammer with a silenced weapon is fun, too.
    [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

I haven't gotten any perks yet, only played 2 rounds on SP. I'm having a hard time remembering that I can shoot through walls. You've not really been able to do it in any game so far, so I just never think to shoot that way.
      A change of Pace.
      "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by paceman
        I haven't gotten any perks yet, only played 2 rounds on SP. I'm having a hard time remembering that I can shoot through walls. You've not really been able to do it in any game so far, so I just never think to shoot that way.
        Just remember the heavier the weapon the better the penetration
        [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
        [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
        [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Re: whats your faverite perks?

Originally posted by Premonition
          I figured a thread about what perks people like and some tips might be fun for people just getting the game.

My favorite perks are
          1) mertranome (sp?) where you drop a live gernade when your killed.
          This is extremely fun when knifing people. Of someone trying to knife you.
          Martyrdom. It's my absolute favourite. Short of killing an enemy and living, killing them after death is the best.

When I play LMG, I also take Sleight of Hand along, which greatly decreases your load time.

With Assault, I usually take Double Tap, which increases your firing rate.

I can't wait until I unlock the perk that allows you to carry two primaries.

How helpful are those extra health and extra bullet power perks? Do they make a big difference?

Comment

1. Martyrdom , hands down the best perk.

2. Special Grenades X3, Cain knows how I like to Stun/Blind the entire map before charging in guns a blazing!! Lots of fun there.

3. Stopping Power

4. Double Tap, Increased rate of fire

* 3 & 4 is a great combo to have together, with a weapon that has a high damage rate.

Now that I'm moving up in rank there are a few new ones I'd like to try. The extra amo magazines is one of them.

MD

Comment

Re: whats your faverite perks?

Originally posted by RobotBanana
              How helpful are those extra health and extra bullet power perks? Do they make a big difference?
              I don't use Juggernaut myself, but it's pretty noticeable when you run into someone that has it, and have to keep pumping bullets into them.

The extra ammo one (can't remember the name atm) is really handy with fast firing automatics. It's great with the M4, and practically a necessity on the G36. You can get away without it on the P90 since the clip size is so large.
              [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
              [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

The drop a grenade one isn't that great IMO, a lot of people are avoiding corpses until the grenade goes off.

Comment

I like sniping so I adore iron lungs, stopping power,and claymores.

Comment

I'm forced to use what few useful perks I actually have at the moment.

But, I love Special Grenades x 3 at the moment. There's not many "support" actions on this game (from what I can tell) which is what I've always leaned towards in FPS games...so, having a belt-load of Flash Grenades is the next best thing!

I think my other perks at the moment are stopping power, and the one that gives you better accuracy when firing from the hip. At least, I think you can have those two on at once...messed with Create-a-Class slightly. I'm loving the SMGs so far, though, and the increased hip accuracy is nice.

Comment

I would have to say that UAV jammer is my favorite, but it really depends on the class. For example, my "stealth" class is quite deadly with low player counts having a silenced P90, UAV Jammer and Dead Silence. You can run up and knife someone in the back and they'll never know it's coming.

Overkill (carry two primary weapons, no pistol) is effective to have a short ranged silenced gun and a longer ranged scoped gun. Works well for most player counts.

Martyrdom is great for high player counts and any increased damage/hp also pay off greatly.

Comment

Double tap and extra ammo (bandolier). Put those with the g36 and you got yerself some killin' right there!

Comment

Well it depends on what you want to do.

For my assult class my perks are
                          1. Bandolier (Extra Ammo)
                          2. Double Tap (Faster shooting)
                          3. Stopping Power (Hard hitting bullets)

Sniper :
                          1. RPG x 2 (helps when someone is comming up on you as well as helis)
                          2. Iron Lungs (Hold breath longer)
                          3. Stopping Power

Shotgun Class:
                          1. Flash x 2
                          2. Overkill (allows you to spawn with two primary weapons)
                          3. Steady Aim (more accuracy from the hip shots)

Spec Ops Class: Very Deadly with MP5
                          1. Bandolier
                          2. Double Tap
                          3. Steady Aim

P90 Class
                          1. Bandolier
                          2. Slight of Hand (Mega fast reloading)
                          3. Steady Aim

In the beginning you will want to use Jaguernaught perk (more health) to get you used to the game. As you progress you will want to give this up for a perk that is more of a help. I am lvl 55 so i have all the perks, but this is the only ones I use.

Comment

I just unlocked the Overkill perk yesterday, and I'm loving carrying two primaries. I now bring a G3G6, a smoke grenade (soon to become 3 frags), a shotgun, Overkill, and Martyrdom.

Comment

Haven't figured out how select perks yet.

But I simply HATE the one where it drops a grenade on death. This isn't personal to anyone that uses it, but I think it's a really cheap kill. But it is "part of the game", so I'll just shut up, and accept it.
                              A change of Pace.
                              "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X