Idle Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle Server

I'm thinking of making us an Idle server we can sit in when not playing....

what sort of things do you get by idling ?!?!

Originally posted by Cain View Post
    I'm thinking of making us an Idle server we can sit in when not playing....

what sort of things do you get by idling ?!?!

Hats.

It's the only thing you can get out of idling. Big warning though... a few months ago Valve removed all hats gained by idling, and rewarded players, who did not idle, with the halo.
    [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
      Hats.

It's the only thing you can get out of idling. Big warning though... a few months ago Valve removed all hats gained by idling, and rewarded players, who did not idle, with the halo.
      They only removed the hats of people that used a 3rd party exploit program to "idle". People that sat in empty servers or specifically idle servers still received a halo (I know, because I was one of them ) Someone released a 3rd party program where you didn't even actually have to have tf2 running in order to receive unlocks. You ran the program and left it running in the background (it kind of looked like a command prompt type window) and then occasionally you'd get a message saying you unlocked something. I never actually used this program because I felt like it was cheating since you didn't actually have to be playing the game in order to earn something. Apparently Valve felt the same way...

Also, you can also get the unlockable weapons from idling too, not just hats. You know, like jarate and the cloak and dagger, etc.
      Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Reserved

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
        Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X