Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respawn Times

Let's chat about respawn times....

Currently the server is set to respawn players from 7-9 seconds, I keep tweaking it every so slightly....

The problem is that with equal respawn times Red will always have an advantage, and red already has an advantage anyway because most players ignore the cart and just play Team DM anyway ...

I finally found a plugin that should allow me to set the respawn times of the two teams separately, so I'm thinking 5 secs for Blu and 10 seconds for RED...

I really don't want to go all the way back to default because 20-25 seconds is just to slow and most players HATE that, me and Apache included !!

So, I'll test the plugin today and implement it either later today or tomorrow morning, and let's see how it works !!

I agree with Red having a longer respawn time, and 20-25 being way to long. I think I'd make it a total of about a 10 second diff. Blue has to travel quite aways, red very little. But anything would help. Maybe instant for Blue and 10sec for Red. That way it seems quicker to everyone. But Blue definetly needs a time advantage, probably the main complaint I've heard on the server.
    I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

Comment

Those of us that die, a LOT, couldn't live with 20-25 second respawn times. I hope the mod you found works. Giving blue a little quicker respawn would help even it up some.
        A change of Pace.
        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I installed it, and it is working Perfectly !!

Comment

Even though I like the instant respawn, I have to agree with Pigworthy.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I think the new spawn times are great.
              A change of Pace.
              "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Stock times is a little slow instant spawn is lame, i will be on later to check out the modifications you made

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                  Those of us that die, a LOT, couldn't live with 20-25 second respawn times. I hope the mod you found works. Giving blue a little quicker respawn would help even it up some.
                  Ikr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I liked the new timing <3
                  [CENTER]
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[url="http://www.gametracker.com/server/67.222.138.115:19567/player/Queen%20B%20%7BCLR%7D/" target="_blank"][IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Queen%20B%20%7BCLR%7D/67.222.138.115:19567/b_560x95.png[/IMG][/URL]

[u]Cain's Lair[/u]
                  [I]"You'll come for the games, but you'll stay for the people"[/I]
                  (at least I did)

Want to know how to become a {CLR}?
                  [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/showthread.php?t=2021"][b]click here![/b][/URL]

Donate [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"][b]here[/b][/URL]

[b][u][URL="http://beatrizyumi.deviantart.com"]My DeviantArt page[/URL][/b][/u]
                  [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                    I think the new spawn times are great.
                    They really are good !! It is preferable to have different spawn times Red vs BLu, and this plugin lets me do that.

Now, we did crash so this plugin may be short lived....

Comment

The spawn times are great....Im not too sure that the crash would have been caused by this plugin, or it would have crashed earlier today and not just now

Comment

I like instant spawn. But, the maps are better balanced with the new timer.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

It is is important to note that we have never run instant-spawn.

Before respawn times were 7-8 seconds for both teams, but you could not see any respawn timer.

Now it is around 4 seconds for BLU and 10 seconds for RED, which gives BLU a chance to win more rounds.

Yeah Z, I hope it was a fluke because I really like this plugin....

Comment

Just played a few rounds. The respawn times are great! It's much more balanced now.

Good work, Cain.

Hopefully this isn't causing the crash.
                            [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                            <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

I agree, I LOVE the new respawn times !!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X