PC Trilogies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Trilogies

I hate this trend i'm seeing in pc games. A lot of new games coming out are going to be trilogies.

Bad: What i'm worried about is that instead of having one nice big game, game devs are pretty much splitting the game into three installments.

Good: Maybe making games in three installments would give developers more time so you would get higher quality games. Maybe there would be more game total if you combine all the installments.

We're seeing this in Half-Life 2. A lot of big upcoming games are gonna do this including Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect.

What do you guys think?
    Yes, I love them! Keep them coming!
    0%
    No, Developers should not do this.
    0%

I agree. I would rather have one long, time consuming game than three shorter, make me have to wait for the other installments to get to the end of the game....game. But i think that game developers r makeing trilogies not only to improve on the quaility of the games, but to make more of a profit off of three installments not just one. (MOST companies now are trying to get us to pay as much as possible for anything and everything) Just my opinion.

Comment

Hey hey!! Someone voted "yes"!!! At least tell us why man!

Comment

If the game still has some story left in it, I'm fine with them keeping it going. Take The elder scrolls, Final Fantasy (the good ones), and HL2 for example.I would play those games because they're good and if they weren't split up I probably wouldn't have played the whole thing (well ok, maybe HL2).
        Now with some games *cough*HALO*cough* well,

Now if you break up a game just to make more money well than

and for the record i didn't vote.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
        Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
          by Apache Warrior
          6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
        • Reply to 6 years
          by Sirex
          I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
          Just hit 2.5K miles...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
        • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
          by Sirex
          Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
        • Reply to Hell Let Loose
          by Sirex
          Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
        • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
          by Sirex
          Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
        Working...
        X