Is UT3 dead here ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is UT3 dead here ??

Like I'm out of the loop from sun-wed, so was just wandering what's up. Like I don't see much forum activity, but when I logged-in last night I had to wait to get in the server because it was full. It stayed full till about 3:00 am, which is pretty good for the lack of players. I logged-in today at around 3:30 pm and it was full again, but it crashed, so now I'm waiting for it to be restarted. So is the Lair giving up on this game, I only see a few forum members playing. I think this game is going to need a little time to pick up, so I hope you guys don't give up too soon. I'm telling you as soon as some of the server issues are taking care of, the community is going to make this game rock. Yeah this game isn't as good as UT2K4 out of the box, but it still is a lot of fun.

So guys give me some feedback here. I'm try to make an effort to save this puppy. Like what do you see going on. There has to be something we can do to make Cain's Lair the go to server. Like what's everyone think about the orb. I think its overpowered, but everyone seems to like it. Like it can be way too easy to win a map with it. On Torlan you can run the orb right to the enemy prime and win the match in less then 30 seconds. The other night on Floodgate I grabbed the orb and held the floodgate node for 3 floods, mind you I did have a nightshade for backup, but still it was way to easy. You can turn this off, but with the poor link set-ups the games might be a little stale. I think I'm going to check out the editor to see if you can change the link set-ups. Hopefully things will pick up, because its just not the same elsewhere.

I was wonder in the same thing

Comment

Well there was a huge gap this year with no good games. Then in the last 2 months we had a couple that really drew attention. First et:quake wars came in to give a bf twist to ET. Then for traditional shooters tf:2 came out and then the mother load dropped with cod4 the just had everyone going nuts.

While x-mas will surely help some, ut3 beta didnt generate the excitement ut2k4 demo did. The system specs are a little steep for ut3 turning off alot of lower to mid range system owners. Not to mention i still haven't seen 1 commercial for ut3. Even sony who has timed exclusive rights isnt advertising it . I see a cod4 commercial pretty much nightly. Look at spike tv music awards and ut3 nor epic is mentioned that i saw.

UT3 needs advertising like fast to get the word out the game even released. They need to get a good demo out to show what warfare is all about. A patch would also be nice to fix issues people that own the game are having.

But all in all there is only so much time in the day and splitting gaming time between tf:2 cod4 and ut3. Like in cod4 after people get all the unlock some players will go back to other games. But at first cod4 is just really addicting.

I wouldnt say ut3 is dead... people will be getting system upgrades for x-mas and the game for x-mas. But ut3 does have some issues that need to be addressed, like marketing.

Comment

midway is said to have money problems atm so i doubt we'll see much advertising happening.

Comment

Unfortunately UT3 is dead everywhere .........

Comment

I wouldn't say it's dead, but it's numbers are no where near COD4 (which is crazy high). Also, it's not like COD4 is 'the best game everrrrr' but i think people like the fact that it runs well on old systems.

Kinda sad really that the PC market is being held back by the consumers.

One thing i have been doing everytime i play on the server is send out a bunch of buddy invites to as many people as possible, and using the text 'Thanks again for playing Cainslair.com Warfare!!'

I have quite a lot of buddies now, a lot of which play consistently on our server.

Comment

Comment

Kronos, part of the problem is that the "community" just isn't there. It's not going to be anything like UT2k4 in that the active community keeps throwing up new content and continue playing for years. There simply isn't this level of support--at any given time, there are fewer than 1,000 people worldwide playing this game. That's not very good. The "community" is NOT playing this game, and there are a lot of former hardcore ONS players who have moved on to COD 4 and seem to like that better.

I'm beginning to wonder if those who already gave up on it from the Beta Demo and comments after final release that nothing was changed will bother coming back after the patches. Epic just did too much wrong from the beginning that alienated a lot of the older players. To me, this is a bigger factor than hardware requirements keeping the non-hardcore folks away. The game is scalable after all--even if it's not as much as we may like because of the poor UI.

It's my belief that the only hope this game has left is that a lot of people have it on their Christmas lists and pick it up by the end of the month. The game may not be dead, but it's on life support, and that cord is yanked at the end of the year if more people don't get into it. At a certain point after release, you lose the ability to entice new players, regardless of how you may begin to advertise it.

Note another problem: we're currently losing half or more of our human players with EVERY map change. That's also not good. I don't know what's causing it, but I played a few rounds after you and Devilguns were on yesterday, and it was the same with each switch. When I joined, there were 16 other humans on. By the time the fourth map started, there was 1. We were never able to recover after each map change, and more people left after each switch than the one before. This is around 6-8pm EST, which is telling me that even at the start of prime-time gaming for many, there just isn't a lot of people out there clamoring to join servers.

-Rand
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

On a positive note, we did have just enough players yesterday to raise us from 7th to 6th overall in server rankings (which takes into account all UT3 gametypes, not just Warfare).

IF (big if? dunno) we are able to get a level like that this weekend and hold it for a while, we'll be top 5 for sure, and maybe 2-3rd by late Sunday.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I'll be around to help out. Even if i just sit afk from time to time.

Comment

THey are more and more empty sever on all game types on UT3

Comment

Originally posted by Darkrain371
                        THey are more and more empty sever on all game types on UT3
                        Then let's fill the servers up. Going on about it won't help.

Comment

has anyone checked over at twl to see how the pro community is doing? If the ladders are healthy then more players will come.

Comment

As per gametracker, seems that Cain's is the #1 UT3 server running right now. Not sure what they go by to track though...

http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...113.60.2:7777/
                            [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                            So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Next to nothing coming out of the competitive community so far. There are a couple of ladders setup but as far as I know, no activity yet although the patch needs to be released and I would assume the Web Admin for servers as well before anything too serious happens.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X