Patch reset my stats? What?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch reset my stats? What?...

Steam just patched CoD4 for me this morning, and as soon as I launched the game, I got this message:

"An error has occured while reading the stats data. Your stats have been reset."

Sure enough, I no longer have custom classes unlocked or anything. I'm back to rank 1.

Under C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty 4\players\profiles\RobotBanana, I have a file named mpdata and a file named mpdata.corrupt. I've tried renaming mpdata.corrupt back to mpdata, but I just get the error again.

I'm hoping I can find some way to fix it, because I almost had all of the unlocks and I'll be pretty angry if I have to start from scratch again...

You got to be kidding me! Now I am scared that if I install the patch it will reset my stats and unlocks. Sorry to hear that Robot.

Comment

I'm sure they will get it all sorted out, in the meantime, I would not fiddle with any files on your HD...

BTW A bunch of have patched with no problems.

I have noticed for some people, the first time they sign in they are privates until they kill somebody.

Comment

Your stats are client side. If you uninstall-reinstall the game you lose them. Sadly to say I feel they are gone. I was reading an article and it says to back-up your files to keep your stats safe.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X