Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8800GT with 1GB of ram!

http://www.techreport.com/discussions.x/13752

Ausus only special at this time, but they sayit helps with a 10% higher 3dmark06 score....

*drool*

SCHWEEEEEEET !!! and BTW that thing is kinda ugly !

Hey, off topic abit...

I always wondered why nobody mods the higher end cards to look nice from the ONLY side you really see when its installed ?!?

Everyone makes fancy by the fan but once installed, you never see that side of the card. Just one of those things that bugs me.

At least use a flashy colored board or SOMETHING !! BUT EVEN THAT IS UGLY !!!

YUCK !! :P

any thoughts...

Comment

You think too much Vito
      [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
      [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Vito, you need to spend more time playing on the server, and less time ogling your PC's internals

And 1Gb 8800GT? Yes. YES PLEASE!

Comment

So the new gen 2 cards require an 8 pin power adapter ??? Something to keep in mind if you buy a new card and only have the gen 1 six pin power lead on your power supply.

It's getting confusing with multiple 8800GTS cards out, first gen and second gen, and no easy way to differentiate them.

Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Reinventing the wheel over and over.

Will wait for the geforce10...
            Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper110
              You think too much Vito
              bwahaha..best reply today!
              [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
              So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

:P :P

c'mon, I at least thought I would get some love from the modders

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget
                  So the new gen 2 cards require an 8 pin power adapter ??? Something to keep in mind if you buy a new card and only have the gen 1 six pin power lead on your power supply.

It's getting confusing with multiple 8800GTS cards out, first gen and second gen, and no easy way to differentiate them.

Yes there is. the 2 gen cards have the "SSC" moniker. or at least they did before nvidia yanked the info from their site. the units will have an odd amount of stream processors depending on the card makers choices. more than the current GTS cards, but less than GTX, and yet still based on the GTS G90 Core. ok, so its not AS simple, but it is, a bit. rofl.

I am curious to know though if it still has the same 256-bit memory bus, or if it gets an overhaul as well....

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
                    Originally posted by WalkinTarget

Yes there is. the 2 gen cards have the "SSC" moniker. or at least they did before nvidia yanked the info from their site. the units will have an odd amount of stream processors depending on the card makers choices. more than the current GTS cards, but less than GTX, and yet still based on the GTS G90 Core. ok, so its not AS simple, but it is, a bit. rofl.

I am curious to know though if it still has the same 256-bit memory bus, or if it gets an overhaul as well....
                    The GTS cards have a 320-bit bus, vs the GT's 256. The GT outperforms the GTS cards mainly because its processor and RAM components are faster. Not sure if they'll be changing the bus size, or just better utilizing the bus the GTSs have now.

Honestly, with how well the GT performs, I'm really not sure why they aren't just postponing the GTS line altogether until the launch of the 9-series

Comment

Originally posted by <<~ViTO~>>

don't worry vito, i've always thought the same thing about video cards...
                      [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

The question is, will the card actually utilise this much memory. We've seen it over and over where some cards have too much memory in comparison to how fast the card can fill it up. Prime example, most recently, Ati 2900XT 1gb.

Comment

I think 1 gig video cards would be good for Vista no? I thought the combination of Vista and DX10 was supposed to meld video and system memory together or something.

Originally posted by <<~ViTO~>>

Thats why I always put mirrors at the bottom of my cases Check out my smoking circa 2003 MGE Sidwinder build.

Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Devil understands....

Your mod is AWESOME and the mirrors are a nice detail.
                            Very clean and crisp. I love that !!

I went with a UV Rats nest once which was pretty neat.
                            I'm only saying......all that work on the underside of the vid card :P
                            Eliminates the creative bottom of the case...

not to mention, I have this mess at the bottom, so mirrors wont get it done.

I would love to see a nice after market cooling with cool pipes.
                            Something that takes advantage of the top, similar to this...

But not as busy...

Comment

Devilguns the mirror at the bottom of the case is an excellent idea. I am going to look around the house for one. Hmmm do you think the wife would notice a section taken from the one from the bathroom.
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X