Command & Conquer: Renegade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Command & Conquer: Renegade

One of the first games I started to play online was Command and Conquer: Renegade, a first/third person strategical shooter for the PC released back in 2003. Base on the popular series Command and Conquer, Renegade takes place in the same time era during the war between GDI and Nod.

In the single player campaign, you start as a commando called "Havoc", a high skilled and tough soldier who fights for GDI. With his spunk, he makes decisions that he feels are right - despite if it may get him in trouble with his superior's. To make matters worse, his mercenary ex-wife, Sakura, works for Nod and Havoc must fight the Nod and her to save the world.

Multiplayer is fantastic though. You join as either GDI or Nod on premade maps, but the objective is always the same; destroy the enemy base, by any means. Each side both have the same number of buildings and same capabilities. Each building has it's own unique purpose. For instance, each side has a building called a "Power Plant", if this building is destroyed, the cost of all class/character and vehicle purchases are doubled. If a building takes damage, it can be repaired by an Engineer with a Repair Gun. Once any building is destroyed, it can no longer serve it's function nor be repaired.

Also in multiplayer, each side has their own array of free or purchasable classes or characters and vehicles to choose from. Basic classes are things like Infantry; your basic fighter with an automatic rifle, Flame Trooper (Nod) or Grenadier (GDI); both effective against vehicles and close range infantry, Shotgun Trooper; very effective on close range infantry, and Engineer; your basic unit that can repair buildings, vehicles and even players, but can also effectively destroy enemy buildings if able to get inside them.

That's pretty much both sides of the game in a nutshell. If you all like Team Fortress 2 as much as I do, you may find that Command & Conquer: Renegade is just as fun. I think our community has a lot of fun together, especially in demonstrating team work. This game is very team based intensive, without cooperation you are going to fail. And with the team work we have, what reason do we have not to play this together? And with that, I leave you with a really cool song from the game.

I played it back in ~ probably 2004 or so and the online community was pretty much dead, so besides single player, I could only play LAN. I can definitely see the appeal of its online play, but with only two people and no bots, the maps were WAYY too big.

Overall, it is a decent shooter and cool counterpart to C&C.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
      by Apache Warrior
      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
    • Reply to 6 years
      by Sirex
      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
      Just hit 2.5K miles...
      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
      by Sirex
      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
      by Sirex
      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
      by Sirex
      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
    Working...
    X